DCELL
1 Nickel

We can't create the recovery drive

New Dell 7586, Windows 10 Pro. Tried using several different flash drives from 16-32GBs. None of the many threads have helped. I get the error like in the photo EVERY time. Been trying since we've received the machine.recoverydriveerror.jpg

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: We can't create the recovery drive

Thank you for your message. Are you creating the image from the Dell site or with a Microsoft image?

Have you tried using another computer to check if you are able to download the OS?

Did you try to format the drive & then create the recovery disc?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

Dell-SreejithRamesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
Clintlgm
2 Iron

Re: We can't create the recovery drive

I would suggest you download and install Macrium Reflect Free. Install and Create your Recovery USB 4 to 8 GB Size. Reboot and ensure the recovery drive boots and loads Macrium Reflect interface.

Back in windows Create a Disk'/SSD Image and save it to an External USB Hard Drive.

Ok Now you can get back to the exact moment you created the Disk/SSD Image.

With the Free version, you can continue creating full disk/'SSD images or you can manually create Differential backups of the Full Image. Restore a Differential to an image will bring you back to the exact point you created the Differential backup. Very easy works every time has been the top Image back up program for a few years now.

Tutorial on how to use Macrium Reflect

Windows back up if flaky at best and not reliable at all.

Inspiron 13 7000 Series 2-in-1 -7386
16GB RAM
Samxung 970 Evo 1TB SSD 2nd SSD 512 GB Hynix
Kit-Dell Dock WD15,US,130W,1.1C,MDP
Windows 10 Pro
0 Kudos