Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

18 Posts

February 14th, 2019 11:00

We can't create the recovery drive

New Dell 7586, Windows 10 Pro. Tried using several different flash drives from 16-32GBs. None of the many threads have helped. I get the error like in the photo EVERY time. Been trying since we've received the machine.recoverydriveerror.jpg

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

February 14th, 2019 12:00

Thank you for your message. Are you creating the image from the Dell site or with a Microsoft image?

Have you tried using another computer to check if you are able to download the OS?

Did you try to format the drive & then create the recovery disc?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

February 14th, 2019 13:00

I would suggest you download and install Macrium Reflect Free. Install and Create your Recovery USB 4 to 8 GB Size. Reboot and ensure the recovery drive boots and loads Macrium Reflect interface.

Back in windows Create a Disk'/SSD Image and save it to an External USB Hard Drive.

Ok Now you can get back to the exact moment you created the Disk/SSD Image.

With the Free version, you can continue creating full disk/'SSD images or you can manually create Differential backups of the Full Image. Restore a Differential to an image will bring you back to the exact point you created the Differential backup. Very easy works every time has been the top Image back up program for a few years now.

Tutorial on how to use Macrium Reflect

Windows back up if flaky at best and not reliable at all.

13 Posts

August 11th, 2019 01:00

I have the same problem and get the same error message when trying to create a Windows 10 recovery drive on a Dell Inspiron 5558 laptop using a few different SanDisk 32 GB USB flash drives.  I am successful when creating the a Windows 10 recovery drive on a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop.

The flash drive is quick formatted to FAT32 before I try to create the recovery drive but that should not matter as Windows 10 recovery drive creator will format the flash drive to FAT32 anyway.  In an elevated command prompt, I ran sfc /scannow which found and fixed some errors but I still cannot create the recovery drive.

Something is obviously broken on the Dell Inspiron 5558 laptop.

Steve

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

August 11th, 2019 09:00

Windows back up was depreciated with 1903 it was a failing program and Windows has dropped it. No Idea about the Dell Recovery as I have used Macrium Reflect for many years without ever having a  failure to restore a booting OS

7 Posts

August 12th, 2019 15:00

Windows Recovery on Windows 10 just doesn't seem to work... I had exactly the same issue with a few different USB devices, on a brand new DELL Laptop, with no additional software installed.

DELL Recovery or Macrium Reflect are the two alternative options, as already mentioned.

Best Regards

Kev

1 Message

September 6th, 2019 11:00

I battled this all day today. sfc/scan didn't work.  Tried multiple drives.  I cleared my event logs and noticed VSS errors when I tried.

So after resolving those issues, I was able to make a recovery disk.  The particular blurb on this can be found here: https://forum.acronis.com/forum/acronis-backup-117-former-acronis-backup-recovery-115/resolved-vss-error-12292-br-115-windows

• 

17K Posts

September 9th, 2019 04:00

Kev600.

Glaf to hear you got the disk made.

8 Posts

December 29th, 2020 03:00

Well, you can easily fix this issue. You need to create a recovery partition by following the easy steps mentioned below:

• Make a tap on Windows start key >> type “Recovery Drive”
  • Then, go to “Settings” >> click “Create a recovery drive” >> open Recovery Media Creator >> tap on Yes.
  • Make sure to check “Back-up system files to the recovery drive” checkbox >> tap on Next.
  • After that, connect the drive with PC >> choose Next.
  • Now, click on Create option.

I hope the solution will definitely going to help you out to solve can't create a recovery drive problem easily. All the very best!!!

No Events found!