February 5th, 2021 16:00

What WiFi Card do I upgrade to?

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
Device ID AA24F3AC-00F9-4CE5-B0AF-F02ED89C2404
Product ID 00326-00820-94499-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

The above are the specs on my Pro-Star laptop. I'm wanting to replace the WiFi card as I've had nothing but troubles with it- dc'ing, high latency spikes constantly even when routers/other devices are having no issues being wireless, etc- and have exhausted all troubleshooting etc on it. I've had this laptop for about a year or two, maybe three, use it mainly for WoW and web browsing. I can't even speak on Discord on wireless without it lagging everything else out. From what I've read/researched, it seems to be the WiFi card, but if anyone has any other ideas, feel free to shoot them at me.
I don't know what I'd need to upgrade this card to that can fit in a laptop. No idea how to find out, other than forums where someone can hold my hand through it, hopefully lol.

• 

25.7K Posts

February 6th, 2021 10:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

10 Elder

• 

24.7K Posts

February 6th, 2021 11:00

As this is a Clevo (Prostar) notebook, contact Prostar support -- this is not a Dell system.

https://www.pro-star.com/support

They can tell you what your system will be compatible with.

No Events found!