Start a Conversation

Unsolved

W

4 Posts

January 29th, 2023 08:00

Windows 11 is installed on 2018 Inspiron 5570 from an HP SSD

I upgraded my Dell hard drives with a 1tb SSD and a 2tb M2.

However, about a year ago my Dell laptop started taking at least 5 minutes to boot up every day. I got tired of that, so I purchased a new laptop from HP. 

My HP laptop had Windows 11 installed on it but it only came with a 256GB M2, so I pulled out the drives from my Dell and put them in my HP and used the Samsung SW to transfer the OS.  My new HP now has the 1tb SSD and 2tb M2

Then I put the HP 256GB M2 with Windows 11 into my Dell 5570 and it BOOTED UP with Windows 11.

In fact, it now boots up in under a minute! So, not only is Windows 11 installed on a laptop that Microsoft says it can't handle, but it also solved my slow boot-up problem.

Thoughts?

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

January 29th, 2023 09:00

Plenty of users are finding out that Windows 11 not only can be installed on unsupported systems but in fact may run better than Windows 10. If you did not reinstall Windows 11 on the Dell system then you may have found that on boot up Windows 11 had to find a number of drivers and updates due to the variations in the Dell hardware compared to the HP. If you find that you are experiencing blue screens down the road or some instability you may have to reinstall Windows 11 on the Dell.

But nice to see that at this point it has worked out well and both systems are running well with the upgrades.

No Events found!