Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

2 Posts

February 2nd, 2019 10:00

fan continuously running

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series.  I over worked my laptop one day so I tried restarting it but it wouldn't restart, so I shut it down and reset it.  After the reset my fan is continuously running.  I've tried running support assist but it isn't working.  Any suggestions?  Is my laptop toast?

February 2nd, 2019 11:00

Well there are several things that could do that, you may have large programs running in the background. if you use it for gaming software like steam or roblox they will make you fan run and steam is almost always updating your computer might have been hacked and someone is using it for bit coin mining.  

2 Posts

February 2nd, 2019 21:00

Nothing like that running, but 60% of my CPU is being used by Waves MaxxAudio service application and Service Host Local System.  This started happening after I reset my Bios, so there are not many programs reinstalled on my computer yet.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

February 4th, 2019 06:00

Thank you for your message. Please run a hardware diagnostic by following the video on this link & check if there is an error.

Restart the computer & tap F2 to get into BIOS, stay in BIOS screen for some time & check if the fan is still spinning. 

Do you observe any heating or performance issues?

What is the current BIOS version installed?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

1 Message

March 24th, 2020 17:00

I had the same problem. Elevate it to let it breathe. Get 4 felt furniture pads or something and stick them on the 4 corners making sure not to block anything. Once I did that it could let air flow into the front vents and exhaust out the back, and the fan shut off because it could cool down itself.

October 24th, 2020 01:00

Your issue might be waves maxxaudio software, Look at the following link!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcAPXwB4HV0

It might help you!

1 Message

June 15th, 2021 12:00

It's more than one program causing this.  I am experiencing it CONSTANTLY with Dell DCF Services .  It can drive a person crazy!!!  I'm sick of performing and end task.  What is a more permanent fix PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Events found!