Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

GN

April 30th, 2018 09:00

overheating and screen freezing

i have recently bought new laptop dell inspiron 5570 with i7 processor. when i played dota 2 on low graphics it started heating extremely and recurring frrezing of screen for few instant. and its not due to internet connection as well and the laptop makes some weird krr krrr kinda noise too.so can anyone helo me with it. is this normal??

77 Posts

May 7th, 2018 12:00

1)Keep your laptop on a flat surface so that proper airflow is maintained. 

2)Elevate your lap

3)Buy a cooling pad

4)Keep your laptop in a cool environment (Air Conditioner )

And the sound that you are talking about is maybe coming out of the cooling fans.

If the above doesn't work, i would recommend you to call Dell support and state your issue to them. I guess they will replace the heat sink and cooling fans. 

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

May 8th, 2018 04:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you on this.

Was there any recent software changes made like installing a new application or Windows updates?

What is the BIOS version installed?

Run a hardware diagnostics by following the video on this link http://bit.ly/2fJuGXB & check if there is an error.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

3 Posts

December 5th, 2021 20:00

after upgrading to windows 11 my computer inspiron 5379 8th gen i7 cpu started freezing  and  overheating. The cpu usage spikes to 100 percent usage before it behaves like this. Cant downgrade to windows 10 now as 10 days period passed 

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

December 7th, 2021 03:00

A few steps may be performed to have the issue fixed.

1. Try cleaning the airvents on the laptop

2. Please download the BIOS file from the link http://dell.to/HTOb63. Request you to install the application called BIOS. During the installation

Please do connect the charger for the laptop and during the update process do not use the system untill the system restarts completely.

Also request you to run the diagnostics on the system to make sure that the harddrive is not failing. To run Diagnostics hold the Fn key and start the system and follow the onscreen instructions

This should fix the issue on the system.

No Events found!