Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 30th, 2023 18:00

regarding laptop ram

Inspiron 3501

Inspiron 3501

i want to upgarde my laptop ram to 16 gb ,my laptop contains 8 gb ram,so is it feasible to add another 8 gb ram

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

January 31st, 2023 08:00

Yes, you may run 16 GB RAM in your laptop.

You may currently have two x 4 GB sticks installed, for 8 GB total. In that case, you would remove both of those and ideally install a matched pair of 8 GB sticks for 16 GB total. Buy those from the vendor as a matched pair.

If instead you have a single 8 GB stick in one slot and the other slot is empty, you could try to add a second 8 GB stick of the same specifications. It may work. But, sometimes mismatched RAM brands/models may not play well together, which is why a matched pair is often recommended.

Crucial shows compatible RAM for your laptop. You don't have to buy Crucial, but it is a reliable brand that is guaranteed compatible with your system.

NOTE: Only systems configured with a discrete graphics card will support 3200 MHz memory. If you have only Intel integrated graphics (UHD or Iris XE), then your system would use 2666 MHz memory.

Whenever touching components or working inside a computer, wear a grounded wrist strap, also called anti-static wrist strap, ESD wrist strap, or ground bracelet. It's a cheap and sensible precaution. Rest the laptop on an anti-static mat or at least a reasonable alternative such as corrugated cardboard.

No Events found!