Start a Conversation

Unsolved

4 Posts

December 20th, 2018 04:00

DMZ connect to a node not to the SC

Hello everyone,

I'm having a little problem, I want to connect SMB shares from DMZ machine. The connection is good with a pool ip, but not with the dedicated SmartConnect. Is this normal?

thank you in advance

252 Posts

December 26th, 2018 09:00

Hi smeura,

There are some applications that don't work well with with SmartConnect because of the IP change. I don't have enough information about your environment to give you advice here, but you could open up a ticket with Isilon for a deeper dive.

There is some information here https://support.emc.com/docu58740 regarding SmartConnect and DMZ but I can't say whether or not it is applicable to your situation.

SmartConnect usage in isolated network environments

SmartConnect is, effectively, a limited implementation of a custom DNS server: it answers only for the SmartConnect zone names or aliases configured on it. To use SmartConnect in an isolated network environment where no DNS infrastructure is available (such as a DMZ), configure your client systems to use the SmartConnect service IP address as the primary DNS server. Configuring your client systems this way helps to ensure that:

• Requests to connect to Isilon clusters with SmartConnect zone names will succeed.

• The isolated network benefits from SmartConnect features, such as load-balancing and rerouting traffic to prevent unavailable nodes, will work as expected in a normal, non-isolated deployment.

1 Message

February 5th, 2019 05:00

Thank you for your reply
By putting the SC as indicated, it works fine

Regards,

Sébastien

No Events found!