Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 7th, 2016 05:00

OneFS 8.0.0.2: Exports of root of zone no root squash

Hi all,

Recently upgraded from 7.2.1.2 to 8.0.0.2, and we discovered an issue with a number of our exports. We have 2 access zones, system and tier2.

In both cases, exports of the root of those zones (/ifs, /ifs/tier2 respectively) that are not root squashed (ie, root clients are set), root clients behave as if they are root squashed.

If I chage the export to a subdirectory of the root, no root squash works as expected.

Anyone else seen this and/or have a fix for it? I have an open SR, but we're not making any progress.

--Ken

205 Posts

October 7th, 2016 08:00

SR number is 82230838

252 Posts

October 7th, 2016 08:00

Hi carlilek,

I spoke with the Isilon Support resident NFS coach. He has some thoughts on troubleshooting. He suggested asking the TSE to get a coach involved an open an action item for it. If you can provide the SR number (either here or in a direct message to me) I can pass that along so he can take a closer look at it.

252 Posts

October 10th, 2016 08:00

Thanks carlilek,

One of the things that came up in discussion with the coach was a setting in the export. This was taken from your logs in regards to your export settings (path names and IPs removed for security):

ID: 46

Zone: System

Paths: ...

Description: - ...

Root Clients: -

Read Only Clients: -

Read Write Clients: -

All Dirs: Yes

Block Size: 8.0k

It was suggested that you may try changing the All Dirs setting to "No". The reason being if All Dirs is set to "Yes", all exports under the export which has All Dirs set will adhere to the highest export. For instance, if you have two exports: /ifs and /ifs/data, and All Dirs are set for /ifs, and then if you have root mapped to root in /ifs/data but in /ifs you have root to nobody, then root will not be mapped to root in /ifs/data but rather to nobody.

It looks like you do have at least one export set to No already so you could check to see if that one is having the same issue before making any changes.

205 Posts

October 10th, 2016 09:00

Interesting. Is this a behavior change between 7 and 8? Because no changes were made in the exports prior to the upgrade to 8, and it was working as we expected before.

No Events found!