Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 22nd, 2010 05:00

130W adapter for Studio XPS 16 (i7) in Spain

Hello, I've purchased one of those laptops some months ago and I've read a lot of people talking about the problem with the adapters we have received with the PC's. It seems Dell had started to send new ones not of 90W but of 130W in US, but in Spain nobody knows what happens. I called this morning and asked for information, the answer was that in Spain sending hasn't started yet and the way that costumers will be warned is not clear. Any idea?

4 Operator

• 

5.2K Posts

February 22nd, 2010 18:00

As long as everything is working, don't worry about it. If Dell is replacing all power units, they will eventually get to you. Monitor the situation and contact Dell every once in a while.

5 Posts

February 23rd, 2010 03:00

Called today to spanish technical support with no luck... no 130w adapter replacements in spain until they receive the notification from Dell.

3 Posts

February 23rd, 2010 08:00

As long as everything is working, don't worry about it. If Dell is replacing all power units, they will eventually get to you. Monitor the situation and contact Dell every once in a while.

I hope so, but their first answer was, if your adapter works properly, why do you want to change it? :-S 

They know Dell has begun to send new adaptors, but technical support workers don't take down your name or service tag in order to remember your situation when order arrives... 

Bad omen.

5 Posts

February 23rd, 2010 09:00

Did they explain to you why they aren't sending them out?

The agent's response was clear: "We can do nothing about it now, until notification from Dell arrives...". The agent also repeat me "they would happily send me the 130w adapter for free if they could, but no notification about the xps 1645 issue arrived from Dell central".

1.8K Posts

February 23rd, 2010 09:00

Did they explain to you why they aren't sending them out?   From what I understand there are a few reasons.  One, this isn't a commonly used part for our consumer lines and certain regions don't have them available to send out.   Also, the change in power supplies requires regulatory validation in many countries.  It could be that the validation hasn't come through yet in Spain.   I know someone posted in the other thread that they were surprised at how quickly the validation took in Japan.

1.8K Posts

February 23rd, 2010 10:00

[quote user="DELL-Todd S"]Did they explain to you why they aren't sending them out?

The agent's response was clear: "We can do nothing about it now, until notification from Dell arrives...". The agent also repeat me "they would happily send me the 130w adapter for free if they could, but no notification about the xps 1645 issue arrived from Dell central".

[/quote]

Then that tech needs to speak with their manager because notification went out.   We've pushed reports to our contacts in Europe and Asia and they're trying to push the information out but as I've said before we can't go out to every tech and show them how to read their updates.

5 Posts

February 23rd, 2010 10:00

[quote user="jbilbo"]

[quote user="DELL-Todd S"]Did they explain to you why they aren't sending them out?

[/quote]

Then that tech needs to speak with their manager because notification went out.   We've pushed reports to our contacts in Europe and Asia and they're trying to push the information out but as I've said before we can't go out to every tech and show them how to read their updates.

[/quote]

I sent you a PM with the details. Maybe you can address to the manager or something.

7 Posts

February 25th, 2010 05:00

I'm on crossmailing with tech support from weeks and seems that they are rejecting petitions with all kind of excuses about. They ignore any issue with the 1645 and argue only available option is replace the psu with a 90W psu and check / hope (pray?) a throughput improvement. I think, like Todd say, that they probably have stock problems with the 130 PSU and are following some stupid rule / politic -> Say what ever to customer to delay it so we have the PSUs.

Today i sent the link to direct to dell official announcement of the throttling issue but have null hope and only we can do is WAIT.

Best regards,

Óscar

Vamos chicos, que al final lo conseguiremos y podremos poner nuestros I7 como Dios manda... que en el fondo todos los que pedimos esta configuración sabemos que es un buen cacharro que puede defenderse pero que muy bien... a ver si los del tech support aquí en España demuestran que les importamos mínimamente, porque es un poco lamentable comprobar como agentes de fuera te ofrecen un trato intachable y aquí casi te da vergüenza brassearles ante su pasividad.

5 Posts

February 25th, 2010 06:00

Ok, good things are coming. Today Dell Spain contacted me and they're going to deliver me a 130w adapter to test it. I'll be in touch with the agent by email and phone to assure the new adapter is correct and resolve the issue.

For spanish users (para usuarios españoles):

Hoy me han llamado de Dell España y me han dicho que me enviarán el adaptador de 130w. Se pondrá en contacto cuando lo reciba para garantizar que el cambio de adaptador es correcto y resuelve el problema.

Como soy el primero en españa en recibirlo, supongo que a partir de mi caso se abre la veda para el resto. Como tengo contacto directo con el agente, se lo comunicaré. Saludos.

7 Posts

February 26th, 2010 05:00

They finally allow me and request the SN of the current PSU,  shipping address, etc. Question is... will deliver the slim or the brick... next week we'll have the answer.

7 Posts

March 11th, 2010 05:00

Asked last friday if they are having issues with the shipping told to wait until next friday (tomorrow) to claim for it... this is 15 days to deliver a PSU. EPIC.

1.8K Posts

March 11th, 2010 05:00

Unfortunately this is something we talked about in the original threads discussing replacement of the adatpers.  The 130 watt isn't one of our normally used types of adapters and there have been reports from a few different regions that they were running out of stock on them.  One of our PMs had been working with our vendors to ramp up the inventory but there is always a lag time involved in doing that.   The inventories should be coming in shortly and will be available to match the demand soon.

7 Posts

March 11th, 2010 07:00

Hi Todd, nice to see you. I can understand what you say but in these case the tech guy didn't had told me that he checked my incidence and assured that the PSU was sent past moday using standar post (not express courier) so this is why i had to wait 15 days to claim the order in the case the postman doesn't deliver me the PSU. Anyway... i'll wait until tomorrow and then will call... more news soon.

On the other hand... i don't know if other people at spain are in the same situation (because of a PSU shortage) or there are customers who had the replacement yet.

Thank you,

5 Posts

March 11th, 2010 10:00

Received mine just 1 day after dell spain contacted me (delivered from UPS, not standard post which its considerably slow).

Today a spanish customer also received one (see [spanish] http://foro.noticias3d.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=3302081&postcount=2077).

7 Posts

March 12th, 2010 06:00

Early today opened a new incidence about this case, the delivery date is next monday. Prior order may lost. 

No Events found!