Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

September 13th, 2017 14:00

5480 Mouse Issue when connected to Dock 6000

I am having 2 issues with a Latitude 5480 and a Dock 6000.

the first issue is I've been experiencing an issue with my Latitude 5480 that I have finally been able to troubleshoot down to the Dock 6000 being the culprit.

I have a Latitude 5480 running Windows 10. I have the Dock 6000 connected using USB C, which also has a number of USB devices connected to it, as well as 2 24" monitors using a the display ports. I use a wireless Logitech mouse connected via the standard Logitech receiver.
My issue is that my mouse cursor constantly blinks and is basically unusable when using the Citrix Reciever (er. 4.9).  I am unable to use the minimize, maximize, or close buttons in the upper right.  The file menus will sometimes appear but disappear before I can select anything.
During my troubleshooting (reinstalling both System-level mouse drivers and Logitech mouse drivers, disabling all Startup items, disabling non-Microsoft services, etc.) I was not able to fix the issue, until I started checking the Docking Station itself.
I have tried undocking the 5480, and connecting my Logitech wireless USB mouse directly to the 5480's USB port, and connecting my external monitor, and the cursor problem does NOT occur, which also leads me to believe the Docking Station is at fault. It does not appear to be an issue with the wireless mouse receiver. I've also unplugged ALL of my USB devices from the Dock as well, and the cursor problem remains.
Do I have any options? I have installed all of the latest drivers and firmware I can find for both the 5480 and the Dock 6000.  I have uninstalled/r4einstalled the Citrix Receiver several times including rebooting after an uninstall.
The second issue is the monitor setup will not stay as set.  On the 5480 I choose to Do Nothing when the lid is closed.  I close the lid and both of the external monitors come to life.  I shut down, disconnect the 5480 so i can take it home.  When I bring it back in the morning and connect it to the dock and close the lid it goes to sleep.  I go back into the power settings, choose Sleep when I close the lid, apply that, then immediately choose Do Nothing and apply that.  I close the lid and the monitors come on.
Any suggestions for this issue?

September 15th, 2017 11:00

I was able to resolve part of this by going into the properties of the Citrix Receiver executables.  I changed the compatibility mode for the scaling to allow the application control.

No Events found!