Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

SI

June 3rd, 2015 08:00

6-month old Inspiron 11 3000 not connecting to Internet

New laptop just stopped connecting to Internet w/ Chrome & Internet Explorer. Have ecellent connectivity to wireless router & home network devices. Just cannot get to Internet. 

Any suggestions appreciated!

June 3rd, 2015 09:00

Hi Steve,

Thank you for writing to us.
We would like to know if you have tried via wired connection and able to connect, also let us know if you are able to connect other devices using the same wireless connection.
Feel free to reach out to us for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

June 3rd, 2015 14:00

Many thanks. Have not tried wired connection to modem, because I receive an excellent wireless signal. I'm able to go thru the router to get to 2 other pc's in our home network (both of these pc's are using Windows 7 OS; he pc causing problems is using Windows 8). I just cannot access the web w/ eitther Chrome or Internet Explorer. The other pc's in the house are having no trouble accessing the Internet wirelessly.

Appreciate any suggestions! Steve

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

June 3rd, 2015 19:00

Many thanks. Have not tried wired connection to modem, because I receive an excellent wireless signal. I'm able to go thru the router to get to 2 other pc's in our home network (both of these pc's are using Windows 7 OS; he pc causing problems is using Windows 8). I just cannot access the web w/ eitther Chrome or Internet Explorer. The other pc's in the house are having no trouble accessing the Internet wirelessly.

Appreciate any suggestions! Steve

You need to try the wired connection.

2 Posts

June 3rd, 2015 22:00

I have had the same issue.  Great wireless.  Every other computer will connect to the internet with no problems.  Just stopped connecting to the internet on the newest computer (12 months old).  I can relog in and it will work for a couple of minutes and then it just won't connect.  It tells me I'm connected to the modem/router though.

But following your advice to the OP.  I have wired it to the modem.  It seems to work fine.

The computer is an Inspiron 15 (3537).  It is 2 weeks out of warranty.

Suggestions?  Is it hardware that is no longer working? 

June 4th, 2015 09:00

Please click here: http://dell.to/1FxAiUT enter the service tag to download the wireless driver and install, let us know the outcome.

June 4th, 2015 16:00

Many thanks, Raghav. Before I rec'd your message, I restored the pc to a previous date, & that seems to hace solved the problem, at least for now. I will keep your suggestion on file in case this happens again. Many thanks, Steve

2 Posts

June 5th, 2015 01:00

Just an update.

I checked out a couple of articles on the Dell website that looked at fixes for certain issues while waiting for a response to my post.  One of those talked about the modem aerial and whether it was turned on or off.

I checked that out and it turns out that someone had managed to set the computer to airplane mode (no idea how as it's not that easy ie unlikely to be random key presses).  Turning that off fixed my non connection to the internet.  And it's now working fine.

1 Message

June 5th, 2015 01:00

I have not tried wired connection to modem, because I receive an excellent wireless signal.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.casesam.co.uk

http://www.casesam.co.uk/category-galaxy-j5-case-cover-33.html

June 8th, 2015 13:00

Thank you for the update, we are glad that the issue is resolved.
Feel free to reach out to us for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

No Events found!