Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 6th, 2014 09:00

8 beep code and discolored display while starting

I have a dell inspiron N5010 laptop

I had a replacement of my motherboard recently for a 13 beep failure and after that it was working fine until few days back. Now when i switch on the laptop i am getting a 8 beep code and sometimes the screen is getting on bit with weird color patterns on the display and eventually display failure.

Please tell me what i should do. I don't think a motherboard replacement is needed again.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

February 6th, 2014 09:00

Hi Sharanmurali,

The 8 beep error code indicates a display failure, connect an external monitor and check if the display works?

In addition run the “LCD Test”, follow the steps below.

Switch off the computer > Press and hold down the ‘D’ key on the keyboard and press the Power button > you will see different colors on the LCD screen. During the LCD test please check if the display goes black?

In case issue persists, Depending on the warranty status we can help you further, please use the link below to check the warranty status.

http://dell.to/YeuzUO

Please punch in the system service tag or express service code. In case your system warranty has expired please contact the Out of Warranty department 1-800-288-4410 (U.S.Customer only). In case your system is under warranty please send me the system service tag or express service code through a private chat, so that I can help you further. 

Click on my username select start conversation and send me the details. 

February 6th, 2014 10:00

Hi senthil,

Thank You for you reply but let me tell you that all such tests, including pre-boot diagnostic test have been done and all that indicate LCD is working really fine and no problems but yet again when i start it it shows the same problem. 

Please suggest me with a solution for this.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

February 10th, 2014 11:00

Hi sharanmurali,

Please reseat the LCD cable and check if the issue persists.

To remove and reseat the LCD cable use the link below.

http://dell.to/17xTZkS

In this link punch in the system service tag or express service code and you can access the user manual.

February 21st, 2014 10:00

Hi Senthil,

As per your instructions i have tried with resetting the LCD cable and still i have the same issue. I'm also confused with the weird behavior of my lapy, as the problem is not occurring when i start it sometimes but however it creeps in during operation. Please not that most of the time i hear the same 8 Beeps on switching on, while sometimes it appears after my screen goes black. 

Kindly Reply back at the earliest because my warranty period for motherboard shall expire soon.

Please help me in this situation. I cannot afford another laptop now so please help me come out of this.

No Events found!