so I just got my hands on the laptop. Setup the account and everything only to find out that the audio coming from the speakers come out in pieces while sound comes perfectly from my headphones I tried everything on dells site and it says that the speakers are working but the sound is coming in pieces.
Hello. Have you installed the Creative Sound Blaster Recon3Di Extras Driver? It is available from the Alienware 17 R3 support page. You can choose either a Win8.1 or Win10 audio driver.
If you have installed the driver and still have the issue, test the driver by switching between the Creative driver and the Windows native audio driver.
1. Open the Device Manager (find it in the Control Panel, or type devmgmt.msc into the search box).
2. Expand the "Sound, video & game controllers" and right click on the Creative driver.
3. Select to "Update Driver Software".
4. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".
5. Click "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer".
6. Put a check in the box "Show compatible hardware" if not already checked.
7. In the list of devices, click "High Definition Audio" (the native driver).
8. Click "Next".
9. On the Update Driver Warning box, click "Yes" (install the driver).
10. Restart the laptop if prompted. If not prompted, sometimes you have to restart, sometimes not.
[To get back to the the Creative driver, do it again but reverse the names in steps 2 and 7.]
If you only have the symptoms with one of the drivers, then the other is at fault. If you have the same symptoms with both audio drivers, then it is probably a hardware failure.
The best test for determining if an issue is with the hardware or software is to perform a system recovery (revert back to original factory configuration) and test for the issue immediately afterward. If the issue is still there then it is in the hardware. If gone, it was the software (note:this test only works if the issue was not there when the laptop left the factory).