Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 12th, 2012 21:00

ALWAYS disable battery charging Dell Battery Meter?

That ... I need to be automatically set option remaining battery power off when charger is connected to the Laptop.

It will be possible to do this?

Since I don't want to hand tighten the option each time I turn on the laptop.

Any suggestions to achieve that?

thanks

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

October 13th, 2012 03:00

Hi Eze2kiel,

Welcome to the Community,

When the AC adapter is connected to the system,the battery will automatically stop discharging  and system will be using power from the AC adapter.Once the battery is fully(100%) charged the power supply to the battery will automatically get cut off and there is no overcharging of the battery.

Refer to this link Laptop Battery FAQ for any queries relating to your system battery:

support.dell.com/.../document

Hope this helps,

Thank You

30 Posts

October 13th, 2012 11:00

Thanks Roshan

That what I have understood, but what I'm asking is that the option not charge remains always on.

That is, if I connect the charger does not charge, but then when I turn off and disconnect the charger to reconnect and turn the Laptop that option off again.

It is understood better now?

What I want is to be always disabled.

30 Posts

October 14th, 2012 12:00

None? :(

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

October 16th, 2012 03:00

Hi  Eze2kiel,

As per design I am afraid that option Turn off battery Charging cannot be permanently enabled.After you restart the system that option will automatically get removed and you will manually need to re enable that option.

30 Posts

October 16th, 2012 18:00

And why is disabled again?

If the BIOS is the option to not charge ... After rebooting my Laptop reload, then?

What sense does it have that option in the BIOS then?

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

October 17th, 2012 10:00

Hi  Eze2kiel,

May I know your system model? Have you tried updating BIOS?

30 Posts

October 17th, 2012 18:00

Inspiron N5040.

Yes, I have the latest BIOS version installed A05

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

October 18th, 2012 04:00

Thank you for the information.I will check on this and get back to you at the earliest.

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

October 19th, 2012 04:00

Hi Eze2kiel,

Could you confirm if you're able to save any other changes in BIOS? When you reboot the system does the system time and date also change(within Windows)?

30 Posts

October 19th, 2012 08:00

I confirm that it's possible to save any other changes.

Restarting the system that gives the date as is as the stop, as well as when I turn off and turn back on.

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

October 20th, 2012 04:00

Thank you for conforming.I will check on this and get back to you.

30 Posts

October 22nd, 2012 18:00

Anything new?

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

October 25th, 2012 15:00

Hi  Eze2kiel,

Sorry about the delay in response.I tried this charger behavior on a different system model and I found the settings was not getting re enabled automatically on restarting the system.I would  suggest you to see if you're able to flash your system BIOS with the same BIOS version A05 and check if that fixes the issue.

Is your system within warranty?

30 Posts

October 26th, 2012 20:00

What's the process to return to reflash?

Because I do it from Windows and not let me

Yes, the laptop is under warranty

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

October 27th, 2012 00:00

Hi  Eze2kiel,

To try to flash the BIOS you will need to download and run the BIOS file within Windows.If its not allowing you to flash the BIOS private message me your system Service tag number.To private message click on my user name and click start conversation.

I will check your system details and get back to you.

Thank You

No Events found!