Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 18th, 2013 01:00

AMD Catalyst 13.1 released - Dell Vostro3560

Hello everyone,

Amd just recently released a new driver version, 13.1 with several improvements.

The latest driver for the Dell Vostro 3560 with the HD7670M is 7 months old, how regularly does Dell update their video drivers?

Thanks for the answer!

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

January 18th, 2013 07:00

Hi Phob8s,

The drivers first get released on the manufacturer site then Dell tests them on its computers and then once the test is completed without any problems it will be updated on the Dell support site. There is no fixed time for the driver release on the Dell support site.

Since the driver is already released on the AMD site, you can try downloading the drivers and check if that works.

If you have further questions do reply to the same post.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 25th, 2013 04:00

I think " Phob8s" has also in mind is it possible to install the new driver from AMD website. I was trying to do but I'v got massage that is not compatibil driver for such hardware but it was.

What kind number version of AMD driver is on dell website? is it 12.1?

Can you provide how we can manage instalation direct from AMD webstie?

Thank you in advance,

Best regards

Pawel

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

January 28th, 2013 07:00

Hi pwip,

The 13.1 version available on the AMD site could be AMD website specific. So in Dell support site we have to check for the release date and the Dell version will be given as Video_AMD_W7_A01_setup- TCW15_ZPE.exe.

You may use the below link to check the Dell drivers available after inputting the system service tag:

http://dell.to/QjjZDA

I request you to use the below link, click on find driver on the top right corner. Then fill all the details and select view results for AMD drivers:

http://bit.ly/Lam3eQ

If you use a Windows 7 64-bit Operating system, then you may use the below link:

http://bit.ly/15dSby

If you have any questions do reply to the same post.

86 Posts

February 18th, 2013 12:00

Upgrading either the Intel 4000 or AMD 7670M graphics drivers will cause you to lose your switchable graphics functionality.  You'll have to wait for Dell to release new drivers!

24 Posts

July 4th, 2013 07:00

First of all sorry for my poor English but I’m a brazilian guy that don’t use often to talk or write in English.

But I have to do a correction over the last answer thread.

I own a Vostro 3560 (i7, 8Gb, 32GB SSD + Corsair Force GS 360Gb + and its original 750Gb HDD, that never worked well with Switchable Graphics. Specially if using softwares like Sony Vegas Pro, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photshop, etc. that never got detected the Radeon HD 7670M.

I tried the UniFL drives without sucess. UniFL messed up all graphics functionalities - including Media Players, etc. But when i found in AMD site that page: (http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx) finally and accidentaly I found a solution.

Once I had the original Dell Graphics 8.933.3.4000 (A04) installed and completely functional I installed this update and ... "Shazam" ... I kept the switchable graphics working and ... plus ... the Sony, Adobe and others incompatibilities were solved. A litle bit plus I got with ... some few "FPS's" were added to my installed games.

So, I really thought with me that if Dell had already did his part, some months of testing and frustrations would been avoided from me and from many others customers that trusted in this brand and had left alone with their "own" difficulties.

Hoping helping others users.

Regards.

Marco

86 Posts

July 4th, 2013 11:00

Marco, Good find! I will test this out tomorrow. I'll do a full backup before I try it since it's my production machine. So you installed the 13.6 beta drivers on top of the A04 package?

24 Posts

July 4th, 2013 12:00

Yes free_refil,

I was using "A04" (www.dell.com/.../vostro-3560) full package installed (and functional) and installed this AMD update (support.amd.com/.../radeonmob_win7-64.aspx) on top of this.

Making backup is a good idea (that I didn't had). But, this time, fortunately everything went ok. I'm saying that because of many, many others tries that I made and had to uninstall all graphics stuff and restart again.

The most important thing is configure the video conversion softwares that uses Intel QuickSync to do not. I had to reinstall Cyberlink Power Director that stopped working  after this instalation.

Good luck and hope to hear from you soon.

Regards.

Marco

86 Posts

July 6th, 2013 16:00

Indeed Marco, you are correct!  The 13.6 Beta 2 drivers (as they state when downloading the file) install FLAWLESSLY over the A04 Dell drivers!!  All my games still seem to run flawlessly as well!  I'm VERY excited that I've been able to upgrade to such a newer version of the ATI control panel and drivers!!  Released just last month vs. nearly year old drivers provided by Dell!!!  The new switchable graphics panel saved all my existing profiles as well, see below!

I'd say this is safe for anybody with a Vostro 3560 with hybrid graphics to go ahead and install!  I'm sure if I would have taken the opportunity to do some benchmarking, I would most likely see a hike in FPS as well.

86 Posts

July 6th, 2013 21:00

@Marco_ar and all others following this post.  I have in fact determined that you can indeed ALSO update to the latest Intel HD Graphics drivers after installing the 13.6 Beta 2 drivers linked above!!!  I installed the drivers using Intels Drivers Update utility and it linked me to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=22842.  I installed this following the AMD driver package install, and my switchable graphics still work, and also my games still properly utilize the AMD card!  During 2D/desktop usage, the GPU on the AMD card drops to 300MHz/150MHz as it should, and when running games or anything set to High Performance in the switchable graphics menu leads to the GPU on the AMD card ramping up to 600MHz/900MHz as it should!  Amazing!  This is such a joy running all current drivers on my Vostro 3560!!!  I've yet to test HDMI out though...  I will report back on that as soon as I can confirm it works!!!

24 Posts

July 6th, 2013 23:00

Hi Free_refil,

As soon I read your feedback I did the same and installed Intel update from "Intel Drivers Update Tool" and I can confirm that is working with switchable graphics. Also Sony Vegas Pro, Adobe Premiere and Photoshop is still seeing Radeon 7670M as GPU accelerating resource. Cyberlink PowerDirector is still using Intel QuickSync solution

I did a "Dirt 3" benchmark and gained about 5/6 FPS using 1280x720 resolution when comparing performance to the earlier Dell "A04" version driver. Now I get 67/41 FPS at average/minimum and before I was getting about 59/35 FPS.

But, unfortunately I have identified a fault. If using Windows Media Player to play videos, automaticaly Windows reset the Desktop "Aero Theme" to "Basic Theme". It's not a big deal because I prefer to use Media Player Classic. But, it's still a fault that didn't occured before Intel Graphics driver updating.

I didn't tested HDMI functionality yet (I never use laptop this way) but I guess I can do this tomorrow and I'll feedback the results to community.

So Free_refil, I thank you for not stopping our experiences and tried installing the Intel update.

Finaly, at least for all of us who bought a Vostro 3560, I can confirm updating graphics drivers like me and Free_refil have done will work with some benefits.

For now I'll get back my "Wireless BGN only" insatisfaction. Here in Brazil, Dell's sales representative told they can't help me because they don't have stock to offer a better solution like an AGN DualBand minicard. It was awful to hear.

Marco.

86 Posts

July 7th, 2013 06:00

Marco,

I too use media player classic and noticed that windows turned off aero when launching the program.   I tried updating my codec's (I use K-Lite codec pack) but that didn't change anything.   Last night I did test HDMI out functionality and it worked flawlessly!  Cloning,  extending,  and projector only all worked as normal.   I did,  however,  experience one flaw.   I had placed the laptop in sleep mode to transport it to my TV to test HDMI functionality,  and when it woke up,  my screen was garbled and unreadable.   I do believe,  however,  that I hadn't restarted after upgrading the Intel drivers.   After a restart,  i tried repeating the actions I took earlier and could not recreate the issue.  So hopefully it was a one time thing.   I'll report back as I notice any new bugs,  should they occur at all. 

As for the dual-band Wifi card issue,  Dell will be unable to help you upgrade your Wifi card.   This is due to regulation of having WiDi.  The specs say that any WiDi device cannot simultaneously transmit on 2.4 and 5GHz bands while WiDi is functioning.   So this is why we do not have dual band wifi from the factory.   I've looked into it,  and i believe we can upgrade to the DW1901 card.   However,  i have yet to purchase the card.   This is something I was just looking into earlier this week.   

24 Posts

July 7th, 2013 10:00

Hi Free_refil,

Yesterday when I updated Intel drivers I restarted the machine and issues with Aero Theme and Windows Media Player occured like I stated in my last post. When I turned off the machine same errors was reported and I had no more time to continuing the tests.

Indeed, as you stated, today morning when I started the machine the issues did not repeated again. I guess some WinSAT problem occured when restarted yesterday after updating process.

Actually this is a good news because now we can confirm to all community that this updating method works 100%.

Finaly, about the Dell Wireless 1703 integrated to my system, I'm really upset with. This piece (of garbage) not matches with good quality that i experienced to my Vostro 3560. Its performance is weak; the coverage area is too much poor. My neighbors are using 40mhz long channel and I had to install two repeaters to have all my (small) 2 floors home covered. Before this Vostro I never had any wireless issues and today this is the only WiFi device that I have that not uses (not crowded) 5ghz band.

It's worsed a lot when Dell's told they have not the 1901 minicard to sell. I guess a good customer support always makes the difference between brands. But now Dell's is becoming (and working) like any 2nd or 3th class brand and if I can choose I would prefer not getting any negative image from Dell's brand.

But, I'll have to figure this out with regional Dell's office.

Regards.

Marco.

24 Posts

July 8th, 2013 16:00

Sorry everybody.

I guess I was too excited with Intel Graphics update system acceptance. But, minutes ago I reverted Intel's drivers because I have experienced an intermitent issue after this operation.

Always, after using system suspension or watching any video, system reports "MMLoadDrv.exe stopped to work" while Restarting or Shutting down. This executable is a part of ATI Technologies and resides in C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static. It seems like to be a part of ATI profiles loading mechanism.

So, at this moment I can only safely recommend the ATI 13.6 Beta Drivers (http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx) on top of "A04" Dell's Graphics Drivers.

Again, I'm sorry community.

Marco.

86 Posts

July 8th, 2013 17:00

Marco,

I have yet to see this error.   The laptop performed flawlessly today,  and i was happy to report back that using my Plugable UD3000 external dock with Display link 7.3M0 drivers w/3 monitor setup (built in,  HMDI out of laptop,  and DVI out of dock) worked great with this configuration.   I've watched a few videos here and there and have not noticed any errors yet.   Will update if I do.

86 Posts

July 17th, 2013 13:00

These drivers have been running great for me.  The only issue I've experienced so far is a flickering on the screen with the game Fallout: New Vegas.  As soon as you launch the game, the game flashes from what's supposed to be rendered to an all white screen, making the game unplayable.  I tried uninstalling the game, renaming the game save/config folder in Documents, re-installing the game fresh and applying Update 7, and it launches after 1st config with the same visual defects.  I've yet to try it with the stock installation though, so I may try that without applying Update 7 first to see if that fixes the issue.

No Events found!