Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 6th, 2013 02:00

AMD Driver

Does the amd driver from dell.com install catalyst control center as well or just installs the driver???

And how to clean install AMD graphics driver?

My laptop is dell inspiron 15R 5520 and has AMD 7670M 1GB.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 6th, 2013 04:00

Hi Miraj Kayastha,

The Dell video card driver on Dell support site is combination of Catalyst Control Center and video card driver. Dell Inspiron 15R 5520 comes with switchable graphics. To make the switchable graphics work on your system you will have to install video card drivers from Dell support site only. I would suggest you to uninstall the video card drivers on the system. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the video card.

1. Click on Start button.
  2. Start typing devmgmt.msc in the search box and then press enter.
  3. Select the both graphics card device under display adapters and right click on it
  4. Now select properties.
  5. In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Uninstall button.
  6. Check “Delete the driver software for this device.”
  7. You want to delete the driver click OK.
  8. After the uninstall finishes restart the system. Then reinstall the drivers using the link below in a sequence below. Please download Intel video driver and then AMD driver.Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the operating system, and then download Video card drivers listed from Video section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please let me know if this helps.

November 6th, 2013 07:00

Thanks this helped! Now one more thing, while searching for drivers should I choose "filtered drivers for my service tag" or "related drivers for my product"?

thnx in advance

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 8th, 2013 01:00

Hi Miraj Kayastha,

You can choose either of the option for downloading drivers for your system. "Filtered drivers for my service tag" option will have specific drivers related to your system configuration. "Related drivers for my product" option will have general drivers related to your system model.            

No Events found!