Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 8th, 2017 16:00

Alienware R3 Freezes and Am Forced to Shut Down

Hello everyone, I am a pretty big gamer here, and when I play certain games, the game freezes and applications such as discord and or Skype freeze as well. Then the computer locks up and I am forced to hold the power button and restart. The games that I have experienced this with so far are Rocket League, Player Unknown Battlegrounds, and Black Desert. I have just ran two test through Dell's Support Assist and both my Graphics Card and Processor passed. I am not sure what is causing this.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 9th, 2017 12:00

Run diagnostic test on Hard drive and Memory as well. Report back any error code. If there isn't any error code, I'd suggest you update System Setup( BIOS). Please click on link below to safely update latest BIOS version.

Update System Setup (BIOS) for a Dell Computer (Official ...

After you installed latest BIOS version, I suggest you update Chipset / Video drivers in correct (Installation) order or one by one.

How to reinstall drivers in the correct order | Dell US

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 9th, 2017 12:00

Or....

Run Guide Me option in your Dell Product Support page which automatically detect driver updates for your system. Please check out the information on how to run Guide Me option in link below.

How to Find Drivers and Update Them (Official Dell Tech ...

Please click on link below for additional information

Troubleshooting System Lock Ups or Freezes | Dell US

No Events found!