Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 22nd, 2016 23:00

BIOS screen invisible

Hi,

My laptop is Inspiron i7559-763BLK

Things were working fine. Out of the blue, this happened: when ever I start my laptop, it shows blank black screen for couple of seconds and then directly Windows 10 starts. Dell logo is not showing up.

Whenever I try to open bios menu by pressing F2 or F12 key rapidly just after switching on, screen stuck on blank black screen. I think that bios menu opens but just not visible. What should I do to get it working? 

I disabled fast boot in windows, tried booting through UEFI etc.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 25th, 2016 00:00

Hi andrewm06,

I’d suggest that you update BIOS on your computer to check for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, then download the BIOS from BIOS section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

If the system is already updated to latest BIOS then I’d suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check for issue resolution.

1. Switch off the computer.
  2. Disconnect the AC adapter from the system.
  3. Remove the battery from the computer.
  4. Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.
  5. Then connect back all the peripherals and check for issue resolution.

In addition, I’d advise that you load defaults in the BIOS. Please follow the steps mentioned below to load the BIOS to defaults.

1. Reboot the computer.
  2. When prompted during POST, press the key to enter the setup screen.
  3. On the System Setup screen, press the button.
  4. Press the Apply button and exit to restart the computer.

2 Posts

September 25th, 2016 02:00

I have updated the BIOS to the latest version and also followed your first suggestion. The BIOS screen is still invisible.

Regarding the second suggestion, as I mentioned in my previous question - the BIOS screen is invisible  - so I will not be able to load defaults.

If you can point to me various screens of BIOS in this versio, I can navigate and do the needful. My hunch is , after pressing F2, laptop does go into BIOS, but the screen is not visible. If I don't press F2, the laptop just boots up windows.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 26th, 2016 10:00

Hi Andrew,

I would suggest you to downgrade the BIOS to previous version to check if issue resolves. Please use the link below to download and update the BIOS

www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

No Events found!