Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 10th, 2017 11:00

BSOD - Dell N5010 - atikmpag.sys

I started having this problem with my Dell N5010 laptop, recently. The BSOD is occurring very often now, even after I did all these things:

1. Formatted the whole system, installed fresh copy of Windows 7 HP and updated the OS with all the latest updates.

2. Downloaded the latest driver from Dell support for ATI Raedon 5000 series graphics card and installed it.

Please help!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 12th, 2017 08:00

The 7 year old Inspiron 15R-N5010 shipped with the Ati Radeon HD5470. With the lid open, stand the laptop up so you can see the bottom and the keyboard, use a can of compressed air and blow into the bottom intake vents blowing the dust out of the chassis. Then retest. If still no go, consider disassembling the laptop to blow out any remaining dust. Then clean off and replace the thermal paste on the thermal module.

September 17th, 2017 13:00

Hello Chris, thanks for your response. I blew compressed air through the vents, and a lot of dust came out. Then I turned on the laptop, and it won't turn on anymore. I don't see anything on the screen. I can see the power and HDD LEDs are on.

So, I disassembled the laptop, checked for any loose connections and cleaned again with compressed air. After assembling it back I have the same issue, nothing on the screen.

However, while it was disassembled, I did find some metallic contacts lying freely beneath the motherboard. These I think are used for grounding near the RAM cover and are attached to the laptop plastic bottom base/ cover. I reattached them at their appropriate locations.

Please help!

No Events found!