Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 18th, 2012 08:00

Battery Button not working

Peace be upon you;

I am using Dell inspiron N4030, service tag < ADMIN NOTE : Service tag removed per privacy policy >, I installed all available drivers available, but the battery button on the keyboard isn't working at all, all other function keys are working fine.

Win7 (64x)

Thanks in advance. 

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

February 23rd, 2012 14:00

MahmoudEzzat

If the battery health meter is not coming up when you press the F3 key it can mean a couple of things.

If you don’t see the battery health meter when you press F3 try pressing FN and F3 and see if it will come up.  The notebook may be configured in the BIOS with function key first, instead of Multimedia key first. If you would like the check the BIOS, start the system while tapping F2,  select the "advanced"  tab, look for "Function Key Behavior" you can choose between Multimedia first or function key first.

If neither configuration helps, and pressing FN and F3, or just F3 doesn't do anything then Dell Quickset may not be installed. The battery health meter is part of quickset. You can find Quickset for the N4030 from the following link.

I hope that this helps.

TB

February 23rd, 2012 23:00

Thanks for your help, Dell QuickSet worked perfectly ^_^

I only wonder how couldn't I find it when I searched for my drivers, I can't find it by search even now :)

Thanks anyway ::)

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

February 24th, 2012 07:00

You are correct, at the moment it isn't listed directly under the N4030.  A majority of consumer notebooks will have Quickset so when installing drivers, do a search for quickset with your notebook and you should be able to find the correct file.

I am glad that it helped.

TB

2 Posts

January 2nd, 2014 13:00

Hi,

I've just bought a Dell XPS 14 and experience the same problem. I tried pressing F3 only and Fn+F3 but it didn't help. Can you recommend a solution for my XPS?

Thanks!

January 2nd, 2014 13:00

Have you tried searching for a version of Dell Quickset that suits your notebook model?

No Events found!