Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 3rd, 2013 10:00

Battery option problem

Hello team.

I have a problem whit one Inspiron 7720.  I have install Windows 7 64 bit Professional on it. Every thing was OK but i don't know how may be after install some programs the

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options plans are not available.. when i click on one plane there was noting no any options for change..

Second there was in device manager a Microsoft Composite battery whit a exclamation mark. Tray to find a driver but no luck.. make Windows update can't find any update there. And can't  find any driver... is there some Dell driver for battery? Is the problem in the Windows Version?? May be that  'Your power plan information isn't available" is because of version. On ultimate there is not any problems whit this.

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

March 5th, 2013 01:00

Hi Infinity_bg,

Thank you for providing the issue in detail. The Microsoft Composite Battery component provides the Microsoft-supplied Composite Battery Driver, a kernel-mode driver, in the compbatt.sys file. The composite battery driver tracks the status of system batteries and serves as an intermediary between the Power Manager and the battery class and mini class drivers.

The Exclamation mark in the Device manager indicates that this driver is missing. That could be one of the reason the power option is missing in Control Panel.

I request you to uninstall ‘Microsoft AC adapter’ and ‘Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery’ in Device Manager and restart the system. This should restore the ‘Microsoft Composite Battery’ in the Device manager.

Let me know the status after performing the above given step.

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

March 8th, 2013 08:00

Hi Infinity_bg,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to this post. Other community members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

No Events found!