HEATHERSHA
1 Copper

RE: Battery plugged in, not charging...(found the fix that worked for my Dell Inspiron

Jump to solution

Cleaning contact method works

0 Kudos
Alyssa13132
1 Copper

RE: Battery plugged in, not charging...(found the fix that worked for my Dell Inspiron

Jump to solution

I literally cannot thank you enough right now. I was freaking out because I have online classes to do and that need to be done today and my hp notebook laptop was not charging. Thank you so much you're a god

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ns2015
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Saharsh,

Hoping u be in high spirits and busy dealing issues of the dell users My problem is that some time back my dell laptop gave message plugged in not charging then few days back I ran the BIOS update and the complaint was gone now since last night it is again showing same message. This time one additional issue is that even the power cable is plugged in but the icon dims out showing unplugged power cable and then again displays the plugged in sign in few secs. When I remove and reinsert the power cable it says charging for 3-5 secs then again plugged in no charging Plz help me with this I also ran the dell diagnostic for battery and it passed the test. i'll be obliged.

Thanks God bless 

0 Kudos
JessicasBridal
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I don't work for Dell at all, but I have had the same problem on a regular basis. What I do when it happens is disconnect the cable from the laptop, and while it's still on, remove the battery. So that is shuts down when the battery pops out. Then I wipe off the contacts, put the battery back in, plug the cable back in, then turn the laptop back on. It has worked for me every time. I hope it will help you as well. 🙂

0 Kudos
nysh
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you for the tip.  However it must be noted that the BIOS update will fail unless the battery has at least 10% power/charge.

0 Kudos
cascmike
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I've just done the BIOS update and have the same problem. 14% (plugged in, not charging)

Service Tag is: 5TJ5ZP1, 

and the update was file: 3750A14

0 Kudos
newstart028
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

But the sales page Tech Specs and the User's Guide will list the default aspect ratio and the supported resolutions.192.168.l.l

0 Kudos
psn161
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Try disabling and enabling the battery driver.That worked for me

Device Manager --> Batteries --> Microsoft ACPI - Compliant Control Method Battery

0 Kudos
cascmike
1 Copper

Jump to solution

No, it didn't change anything.

0 Kudos
8 Xenon

Jump to solution

Does the BIOS recognize the adapter, or does it show unknown?  F2 at powerup to check.

0 Kudos