Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

CB

December 19th, 2007 20:00

Bluetooth Stereo Headset - how to use it?

I just received a brand new XPS M1330 laptop, which is bluetooth enabled. The bluetooth on the laptop is working fine (it connected and is using a Dell BT mouse as I speak). But this laptop came with a BT stereo headset. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get this thing to "broadcast" so either my laptop can see it. Fwiw, my BT enabled pdaphone doesn't see the headset either (but it does see the laptop). I called Dell's tech support, but they weren't able to tell me what kind of headset it is (even though it has the Dell name on it).

667 Posts

December 20th, 2007 01:00

I assume the cord in the picture is the charger.  First, I'd charge the headset overnight.
  • Get your PC ready to listen for a pairing signal.  I assume you have a Bluetooth symbol in the system tray.  Right-click on it and select "Add New Connection".  If you don't have the symbol, look in the Control Panel.  If you still can't find it, you may have to load the Bluetooth application. 
  • You have to get the headset in pairing mode.  Turn off the headset and hold down the power button.  Hopefully there's a blue light that will glow steady.
  • When it's glowing, click Next on the PC to listen.  The PC should see the pairing signal from the headset.
  • If it asks for a code or ID, try 0000.
  • If it doesn't hear the signal, try holding down another button on the headset.

You mean there's no manual for the headset?  That sounds unusual, even for Dell.  Look on your packing list for a model number and google it.

December 20th, 2007 13:00

Ok, that helped. I had to hold down the power button for 6 seconds to put it into SEEK mode. Once I did that, then my pdaphone could see it. Turns out it is a Dell BH-200. A google search turned up the User Guide. I'm good to go - thanks.
No Events found!