Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 7th, 2013 03:00

CPU

Dear Dell,

I bought an Inspiron 7720 SE laptop in march. I installed the windows 8, and I could use easly. In July I want to play, and I installed one game, but when I started the game, the CPU useage up to the maximum, the extra fan turn on to cool the cpu, and I don't know why. I don't start the game, this happend in the menu. I download a CPU tester, and I saw some Core working over maximum... 87-90 C . After that, I think maybe some virus, or something, becouse this is bit strong laptop, so can easily run the old games, so I deleted the windows 8 and I put windows 7. Now is an empty new virgin system, only the windows and the dell drivers installed. Now I tested again the processor and again over maximum 86-88 C. And I think is not the good temperature for gaming 3-4 hours....

What is the problem?

What can I do?

It's a very strong hardwer inside, so I really don't understand, why don't working properly... :(

Thanks,

Csaba Makai

PS: I almost forgot, Also I have a Cooler Master Big notebook cooler, what is always working, since I bought the laptop.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

August 7th, 2013 04:00

Hello Csaba Makai,

Please try the stpes mentioned in the article on Dell Laptop is overheating or is having a heat issue and check if that helps.

Please write back with your findings. 

7 Posts

August 12th, 2013 02:00

Dear Allan-D,

I tried everything.

I did the 3 steps, and I also put back the windows 8.

1. Fan is clean. (The Cooler Master laptop fans, is also clean.)

2. BIOS is updated.

3. Dell Diagnostics is done.

Dell Diagnostics:

1. CPU Test:

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/130812/cpu_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

2. CPU Stress Test:

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/130812/dell_cpu_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

3. Full Test:

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/130812/Full_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

So the dell software told me, everything is OK, but is not true... :(

Becouse if I tested, with another program, is not changed...

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/130812/occt_cpu_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

And if I playing, or using hardly, the extra fan turn on, and start working in top speed, and the CPU Temperature, get higher every minutes...

84-85-86 C... :(

Thanks,

Csaba Makai

Service Tag: ( Admin Note: Service Tag removed as per Privacy Policy )

System: Dell System Inspiron 7720

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Professional (64-bit)

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

August 13th, 2013 06:00

Hello Csaba Makai,

Try performing a clean boot and check if that helps.

7 Posts

August 18th, 2013 15:00

Dear Allan-D,

I tried the clean boot also.

I didn't need check every program one by one, becouse I put disable all, but the problem is still here.

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/130818/CPU_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

The CPU tester stoped before 3 minutes, becouse the "Core #0" over the maximum value 87 C...

So this is only 3 minutes and the CPU temperature is in top.

The extra fan, what is turn on only this time, the sounds like a hair drier, and the temperature is almost same.

But I bought a laptop not a hair drier! :P

What can I do more? :(

Thanks,

Csaba Makai

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

August 19th, 2013 02:00

Hello Csaba Makai,

In order to assist you further, I would like to know the following details:

• What are the external devices connected to the computer?
  • Since when are you facing this issue?
  • Were there any hardware or software changes made on the computer?
  • Did you drain the residual power from the computer? If not, Disconnect all the external peripherals from the computer including the battery and the ac adapter and release the residual power by pressing and holding the power button for 5 to 10 seconds. Turn on the computer and check.

Please write back with the details.

7 Posts

August 19th, 2013 03:00

Dear Allen-D

Answers!

"What are the external devices connected to the computer?"

Sometimes, I connected my phone and camera, and some usb stick, but that's it, and the Cooler Master Laptop Cooler always connected in the notebook.

I don't use the battery every day, I use every week only one time I connected, I used, after that charged again, and remove from the laptop, becouse

now I use in my home the laptop, and I don't want, the battery will broke down, and only able to use 1 hour...

"Since when are you facing this issue?"

I bought the laptop in march this year. I installed the Windows 8, but not useing too much, so not gameing or something, so the problem don't happened.

But sometimes, the extra fan is turn on also, when I used the computer normally, but that time I don't now what is this exactly, and this problem later is disappeared...

"Were there any hardware or software changes made on the computer?"

Nowadays, when I saw the problem, a tried also a the windows 7 and after that again the windows 8.

And now, the a system is almost clean, but the problem is also here. I never used the DVD-Rom, and don't change anything inside the machine.

"Did you drain the residual power from the computer? If not, Disconnect all the external peripherals from the computer including the battery

and the ac adapter and release the residual power by pressing and holding the power button for 5 to 10 seconds. Turn on the computer and check."

I don't understand this part... :( What should I do???

Thanks,

Csaba Makai

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

August 19th, 2013 03:00

Hello Csaba Makai,

Thank you replying with all the details. Draining the residual power from the computer means, releasing the excessive power from the computer.

• Please disconnect all the external peripherals from the computer including the battery and the ac adapter.
  • Press and holding the power button for 5 to 10 seconds.
  • By pressing the power button with everything disconnected (including the battery and AC Adapter) will drain the excessive power stored in the computer.
  • Power on the computer only with the battery and the AC Adapter connected.
  • Please ensure that the laptop cooler, phone, camera and the usb sticks are not connected to the system.
  • Check if the system is still overheating.

Please write back with your findings.

7 Posts

August 19th, 2013 04:00

Dear Allan-D

I tried this also, remove everything and 10 seconds press and hold the power button, after that I ran the test again..

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/130819/cpu_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

:(

Thanks,

Csaba Makai

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

August 25th, 2013 06:00

Hello Csaba Makai,

My sincere apologies for the delay in response. Please let me know if you are feeling any heat when you touch the laptop. 

7 Posts

August 25th, 2013 06:00

Dear Allan-D,

When I doing the CPU test, and that the temperature is getting high, I feel that one, if I put my hands close to the extra cpu fan. Blow the hot air.

Or where? :P

Csaba Makai

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

August 26th, 2013 10:00

Hello Csaba Makai,

In this case, please consider replacing the heat-sink and the system fan. Does the computer have an active warranty? You can check the warranty status here (Enter the service tag, click submit and check for the warranty status). In case of expired warranty scenario, we would not be able to extend warranty entitled services. If the warranty on the computer has expired, you may contact our Expired Warranty Services (this is for US based customers).

Please write back if you have any further questions.

7 Posts

August 26th, 2013 13:00

Hello Allan-D

I bought this notebook, march, this year. I think I have 2-3 years warranty, so I have, but I don't know, where I can go.
because, i bought in Budapest in Hungary, but now I'm living in Dubai in UEA,
I think is a world wide warranty, but I can go anyware in Dubai?

Thanks,

Csaba Makai

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

August 27th, 2013 10:00

Hello Csaba Makai,

Please click here for the contact information for Dell Authorized Service Providers in Dubai. 

Hope this helps!

No Events found!