Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 27th, 2015 02:00

CRITICAL FIILE FAILURE windows 10 inspiron 7537

I own an inspiron 7537 running an upgraded version of windows 10 and have been facing some issues with my hdd. whenever I switch on my laptop , after few minuites I see the BSOD specifying some critical failure. PLZ HELP !! ITS IRGENT !!!

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

September 27th, 2015 04:00

Start with the Dell diagnostics - f12 a few times at powerup to get in.  If you see an error, please post the exact numerical result (i.e., 2000-0142, -0146, etc.).

September 27th, 2015 04:00

Done that . Got code no. 2000-0142.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

September 27th, 2015 09:00

If the system is under warranty, call Dell and they'll ship a replacement for your failed hard drive.

If the system is out of warranty, you'll need a new, 2.5" 7 mm SATA notebook drive.  You'll also need the recovery media you made when you received the system.  If you did not prepare that ahead of time, you can contact Dell to purchase it now.

Is it absolutely necessary to get a new hdd ? Because now i can login to my windows a/c and do stuff , though the epsa error persists.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

The drive is failing its self-test -- it may be working at the moment, but it's your two-minute warning that it won't be for much longer.  Yes, the drive needs to be replaced.

September 28th, 2015 06:00

Thanks for help. Now please help me in choosing a hdd. i use my laptop for gaming , engineering graphics purposes (softwares like matlab, solidwork , catia etc ) and like to download and watch movies.i am thinking on either getting a ssd or the same sshd i had. What should i go for ? Also i am quite woried about the expendable write cycles for an ssd. Please help me choose.

September 28th, 2015 08:00

Hello and good morning

Whatever you decide purchase a Solid State Drive that is imaged meaning that it is already loaded with programs/updates/software.

On second thought I do not know if Dell is shipping any drives with Win 10; better check.

It is your computer but I suggest that you DO NOT purchase a drive from Amazon, eBay or craigslist as I assure you that in a short time it will fail. This has been my experience but I had to "learn the hard way."

Food for thought

No Events found!