Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 2nd, 2016 15:00

Can I get a Factory Image for Inspiron 15 7559

I have given up on this laptop as the UHD screen means incompatiblle applications such as Adobe apps to name a view appear in very very small boxes. I've tried everything including disabling incompatible dpi and using a redirecting apps to use a manifest file which tells it to sacle/or not to scale applications. In the end its just too much trouble and i need to return it.

Unfortunately as i added an m.2 ssd drive and moved the OS to it, it appears that i must have deleted the  partition with the recovery image that was on the original 1Tb HDD. In disk manager, i can see the other partition but don't have the One Time Boot option and the option to retore factory image just results in an error.

I have been able to install Windows using an ISO but that does not install the original applications or drivers. Is there any other way to restore the partitions? Does anyone have a clone of the factory image? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

February 2nd, 2016 17:00

17 Posts

February 3rd, 2016 00:00

Thanks ejn63. I'll give it a go. the compatibile systems list did not include the 7559 and the OS on the laptop is Windows 10 so i wasnt sure it would work. I'll let you know how it goes

17 Posts

February 3rd, 2016 06:00

Unfortunately that didnt work as it kept gving me a corrupt partition error.

No Events found!