Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 27th, 2016 13:00

Can't watch streaming video with my XPS 13

Hey everyone,

I cant watch anything on netflix or google play on my new XPS 13. The videos just don't start. 

I get the following error code from netflix - Error Code: M7361-1253

and google play:

Component html5
Error Code 2
I've updated the display drivers and they are at their most recent version. Anybody of any idea what to do?

2 Posts

January 4th, 2017 13:00

www.reddit.com/.../

Seems to do with chrome and kaby lake cpu's support. The fix of chrome canary worked for me.

6 Posts

November 27th, 2016 16:00

I had already found that article and done everything it suggests and it didn't work. As I've already stated, the problem exists for google play movies as well.

I've since done a full system restore and it hasn't helped. I'm using my own private network and have tested everything with a chromebook pixel and a macbook air, both of which work perfectly.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

November 27th, 2016 16:00

This has nothing to do with Dell

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/22836

Netflix Error M7361-1253

If you experience the error code M7361-1253 while watching on your PC or Mac computer, it's typically due to a network connectivity issue that is not allowing your computer to connect to Netflix. Follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue.

Restart your computer

Are you using a public, cellular, or satellite Internet connection?

1 Message

November 28th, 2016 06:00

I have exacly the same problem with my brand new XPS 13 9360: Netflix videos are not playing and I get the same error code. On the pre-installed Windows and on a clean installation. Chrome and Edge.

I only got it to work by using Chrome Canary, but then the video has no sound..

All of the other devices in my network are playing Netflix just fine, so I think it is definitely a problem of the XPS.

Google Music is also hardly playing at all (I only get it to work very sporadically).

I will provide any info / log output which is needed to investigate this problem and I am happy for every hints or clues on how to fix this!

1 Message

November 30th, 2016 18:00

The same exact thing is happening to me, but only with Chrome.

41 Posts

December 13th, 2016 14:00

Same problem for me (brand new XPS 13 9360 QHD+ i7 512/16) : Netflix errors in the win 10 app, edge and chrome. OK in Firefox.

Other PC/tablets/... works without issue in the house.

I suspect the audio driver (problem with protected audio ?), as Maxxaudio doesn't work anymore too.

It was working at the beginning (when I received the laptop yesterday), but now it doesn't work anymore.

41 Posts

December 14th, 2016 15:00

Maxxaudio now works again (I don't know if it's linked to the BIOS update I did today) but I still have the same problem with Netflix when starting a video streaming :

- Error U7361-1255-8004CD14 on the Windows 10 app

- Error H7361-1255-8004CD14 or M7361-1253 with Chrome

- OK with Firefox

Please help ! It still works on all the other devices I have on the same WiFi network...

41 Posts

December 15th, 2016 13:00

I think Dell thinks it's a netflix issue but I don't think so. It has to be investigated, it's so irritating.

You can't imagine how many things I've tried to make it work but... it still works only in Firefox and Windows explorer (not in edge, chrome, or the win 10 app). It must be linked to a driver issue (audio or video ?)

5 Posts

December 15th, 2016 13:00

I also have this issue on my new xps 13.

What is Dell doing to correct these issues?

1 Message

December 17th, 2016 04:00

I am having the exact same issue here (XPS 13 Kaby Lake, i5, 8GB, 256GB SSD). I receive the same error message regardless of the browser used (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE). The Windows 10 Netflix App also has major issues (just trying to search for a title returns a "whoops something went wrong" error message). I can confirm the issue is NOT related to my wifi router or internet connection as I have about half a dozen other devices that regularly run Netflix without any problems at all. This includes an XPS 15 9550 that is running it right now.  I have a feeling the XPS 13 issue has to do with the Killer Wifi card. I seem to be having network related problems with a few programs on the XPS 13 that run just fine on my XPS 15 and other devices.  

I have the Pro Support Plus plan on my XPS 13 so I plan on giving them a call to see if they can assist. I have a feeling we may need to wait for a driver update to resolve this problem. Fortunately my 13 is a work laptop so I don't plan on watching Netflix too often on it (although it would be nice if it worked).

41 Posts

December 17th, 2016 05:00

@jebbuz996

You're right, this is most probably a driver issue.

Could someone from Dell here in this forum answer us and open a case ?

Thank you

December 18th, 2016 22:00

I have the same problem. Streaming video works fine in the Edge browser but not in Chrome

1 Message

December 20th, 2016 11:00

I am having the same issue. works fine in Edge and Mozilla Firefox, but not in Chrome.  Other computers do not have this issue.  Tried video on Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, and IGN.

41 Posts

December 20th, 2016 15:00

To everyone on this thread : what BIOS version do you run ? (have you upgraded to 1.2.3 ?)

I suspect regressions on the new BIOS 1.2.3 compared to 1.0.7...

1 Message

December 21st, 2016 12:00

Same problem with the the new 9360 QHD+ i7 512-16.  I get Netflix working again if I restart the computer, but if I pause the playback I get the error code if I try to play again.

No Events found!