Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 27th, 2016 13:00

Can't watch streaming video with my XPS 13

Hey everyone,

I cant watch anything on netflix or google play on my new XPS 13. The videos just don't start. 

I get the following error code from netflix - Error Code: M7361-1253

and google play:

Component html5
Error Code 2
I've updated the display drivers and they are at their most recent version. Anybody of any idea what to do?

1 Message

December 22nd, 2016 05:00

Add another user to this list with the exact same problem using 7th gen i5 XPS 13. Video streaming from any site except YouTube (although that intermittently stops streaming too) not working in both Chrome and Edge browsers. Updated bios, reinstalled browsers I don't know what to do. Seems to work perfectly on my old laptop. 

1 Message

December 24th, 2016 14:00

New 9360 QHD+ i7 512-16

Same issue... no matter what I try and how many restarts. Netflix is not working on with this new computer. It works on my old laptop. It works fine on my desktop. Fine on my firestick and phone... so it's clearly a problem with dell. No connectivity issues either...

2 Posts

December 25th, 2016 07:00

Same here with the 9360 + i5 256-8

Same issue, just doesnt work in chrome. Although it does work in other browsers such as Edge...

1 Message

December 26th, 2016 16:00

Add me to the list of XPS 13 7th gen i5 owners that are experiencing the same issue.

1 Message

December 29th, 2016 12:00

I have 1.0.7, and same problem :(

2 Posts

December 31st, 2016 21:00

Add me to the list of victims.

Youtube/Netflix/DirectTV Now (and probably all streaming services) do not work properly using Chrome.  With any other browser, there are no problems.  I'm still searching for solutions since I love chrome and despise the other browsers, but no solutions have appeared.

To be specific, any streaming service works for me right after I restart the computer.  For youtube, any video works for me fine.  However, if I pause for longer than 5 seconds, and I try to resume, the video will crash.  For netflix, the only way I don't get errors is when I restart the computer completely, and immediately open netflix in one of my tabs in chrome.  If I back out or close the tab, when I try to get back in, netflix will show up with errors.  This applies to Direct TV Now as well.

It's extremely annoying and I hope it gets resolved soon.  Not sure if it has to do with all XPS 13's or not, but like others in this thread, I have the 256 gb 8 gb ram version.  

8 Posts

January 1st, 2017 16:00

Everyone, I believe this is caused by the audio driver.  I am having the same issue and have created another thread, but it has yet to be approved by the moderators.  The issues occur when the card has not been used for a few seconds and is in it's "sleep" state.

One workaround is to start some music or other sounds in another tab/program to "wake up" the sound card, then load the video.  You will then find that the video starts properly without issues.  Can others please try this workaround to confirm it works on more than just my machine?

Thanks and good luck!

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

January 2nd, 2017 05:00

Does the Netflix app work?

Have you checked to make sure your networks are set as Private and not Public?

The Netflix error does mean network connectivity issues.  Maybe some type of anti-virus is causing problems   What network adapter are you all using?

4 Posts

January 3rd, 2017 09:00

I have this issue most of the time. When it does appear restarting is required, or oddly sometimes the workaround proposed by 22turbo above seems to work.

When it occurs (e.g. at  www.instagram.com/.../ the Console in Chrome Developer Tools shows "Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: The play() request was interrupted by a call to pause()."

Rather difficult to reproduce on demand, once it starts it happens consistently, goes away for hours before resurfacing.

Tried updating drivers, played with various chrome flags. Doesn't seem to appear on Chrome Canary but hard to tell due to inconsistency of the issue... annoying!

4 Posts

January 3rd, 2017 09:00

Found a potential workaround but hard to test given how inconsistent this issue is. Can others try it too?

- Go to Sound control panel (Right click on volume icon and select Playback Devices).

- Double click on Speakers/Headphones

- Click on the Advanced Tab

- Uncheck "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"

- Click OK.

- Reload any chrome tabs with video / apps and try again.

8 Posts

January 3rd, 2017 15:00

Scotsman42, I tried your workaround on my machine but it didn't seem to make any difference.  I even rebooted after changing the setting.

4 Posts

January 3rd, 2017 17:00

Yeah that didn't work for me after a while, I realised I had the microphone level panel open during testing. May have found another potential resolution though, it seems that anything that keeps the audio active will workaround the issue. One option seems to be to set Cortana (Windows search) to keep listening for you to say "Hey Cortana" i order to ask it a question.

- go to Cortana and Search Settings

- check "Let Cortana respond to 'Hey Cortana'"

4 Posts

January 3rd, 2017 17:00

Yeah found the same myself. Turned out I had the microphone config panel open while I was testing. Seems anything that keeps the audio device (mic or speaker) active will stop the problem.

e.g.

- keep the microphone control panel open (so it shows the audio levels it detects)

- play with the keyboard volume controls while refreshing a webpage

- or as you suggested play something in another window

Weird.

8 Posts

January 3rd, 2017 19:00

Interesting.  I wonder if we could get a comment from dell if this is a known issue with the Kaby Lake configurations.  This could be a deal breaker for me unfortunately.

January 3rd, 2017 23:00

FWIW, having Cortana listen in the background _and_ emitting continuous audio through the laptop speakers will result in very funny / high CPU load.

I noticed this by accident when I indeed had streaming video playing (IPTV) with Cortana listening in the background.

No Events found!