Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 11th, 2016 07:00

Cannot Download Dell Recommended Update,

Hi.

I am trying to install a Dell recommended update:

“F02TT: Dell Latitude E5530 System BIOS, non-vPro supported (Broadcom TruManage)”

This is for my E5530 laptop using Windows 10.

Upon completion, I get Download failed with the following:

Date: August 31,2015

Exit: 1

Process: DUP

Can somebody tell me why this download failed?

TC.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 11th, 2016 07:00

The file is for E5530 windows 10- 32 bit. Maybe your laptop is running windows 10- 64bit ?

www.dell.com/.../advanced

41 Posts

January 13th, 2016 17:00

@LSUFAN51.

You are correct, I do have 10-64ibt.

Went to Dell site found a comparable version supporting 10-64bits.

Trying to install, I get a error message "Unsupported System ID".

Is the system id my Computer name?

Thanks,

TC.

March 15th, 2016 20:00

We had similar problems with Dell update packages (DUP). They crashed with mystic error codes and finally messed up the Windows 7 installation so badly that we had to re-install everything. As a solution we stopped using DUPs and stripped out the drivers from DUPs using free, open source software called 7zip (http://www.7-zip.org/).

Open 7zip, find you dup package exe, choose from right click menu "Open inside", and extract the contents. Then you simply install the original equipment manufacturer's driver setup.exe directly without any Dell scripts messing up the installation. Try that!

Another thing you might want to try is getting rid of Windows 10. It is full of bugs, unsafe, and Microsoft is breaking it ever more with forced updates. If you want to stick with Windows, the most reliable and secure version is Window 7.

No Events found!