Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 8th, 2013 13:00

Caps indicator

How do I turn my caps on/off function back on? I have a Dell 17R laptop.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 8th, 2013 13:00

Hi banddito1,

Inspiron 17R come in different variants e.g. Inspiron 17R 5721, 17R 5720, 17R 5737, 17R SE 7720. Please post the complete system model and operating system installed.

If the system has Windows 7 operating system installed, please follow the below mentioned steps to turn on Caps Lock indicator.

1. Click on Start, Click Control Panel.
  2. Click Ease of Access > Select “Change how your keyboard works” or “Make the keyboard easier to use” from Ease of Access Center.
  3. Check the Box for Turn on Toggle Keys.
  4. Click Apply. Click OK.

The ToggleKeys feature, when turned on, will beep whenever the Caps Lock, Num Lock, or Scroll Lock keys are pressed.

Please check and reply for further help.

17 Posts

October 8th, 2013 14:00

Thanks for the quick response. My laptop is a N7010. I guess I was not very clear on what my problem is. I used to have a visual indication of whether my caps lock was on or off, but I no longer have it. How do I get it back? When I am in word or some other program typing, it's nice to visually see if my caps lock is on or off. thank you for any input you may have.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 9th, 2013 13:00

Hi banddito1,

Please install this Keyboard Caps Lock Indicator Application and check the functionality of the CapsLock key.

Please post the results.

17 Posts

October 9th, 2013 14:00

I apologize for not closing out this inquiry. A couple of days ago I went into systems config & turned on quickset & that solved my problem.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 9th, 2013 18:00

Hi banddito1,

Glad that the issue is resolved. I appreciate all your efforts in fixing the problem. Please write back to the forum if you need any further assistance.

1 Message

March 3rd, 2016 06:00

OK so this problem is geting quite anoying,  the cap and num lock indicator keeps taking prioraty over the game or applacation i am useing at the time i press the cap or num lock.

i need to know how to turn of cap lock indicator on the dell inspiron n7010 - windows 10

OK so this problem is geting quite anoying,  the cap and num lock indicator keeps taking prioraty over the game or applacation i am useing at the time i press the cap or num lock.

I am on a dell inspiron n7010.   i need to stop the indicator from taking prioraty 

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

March 3rd, 2016 12:00

Open Windows Mobility Center (quickset) and turn the notice off. Your laptop is not approved for upgrading to windows 10 so you might have to live with the problems that crop up with win 10. Or go back to your previous windows. Dell says this about your model--

Dell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected.

No Events found!