Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 3rd, 2013 01:00

Chipset Driver version not updating

I installed the latest chipset driver on inspiron 15r SE from here

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/in/en/indhs1/DriverDetails/Product/inspiron-15r-se-7520?driverId=9PYYR&osCode=W864&fileId=3165971219&languageCode=EN&categoryId=CS

Its driver release date is 02-04-2013 and version is 9.3.0.1026.

After Installing i checked the device manager and Intel HM77 Express Chipset....................  as you may see. The driver date its showing is 6/21/2006 and version 6.2.92000.

I checked the Infinst file in the registry editor and there is showing version 9.3.0.1026 that i installed

What's wrong am I not installing the drivers the correct way it there more that is needed to be done apart from running the driver setup and installing the driver.

And which one here exactly represents the chipset driver here?

807 Posts

August 3rd, 2013 16:00

Needs to be done manually.

Via Intel website - download the Intel® Chipset Device Software (INF Update Utility) below. Ensure it's the .zip file (infinst_autol.zip)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20775&ProdId=816&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20%20*&DownloadType=%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09Drivers%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09 

Extract the files to a seperate folder using Winzip or similar

Via Device Manager > System Devices - Update Drivers for ALL Intel entries (except Intel Management Interface) as below

Right click on each entry and choose update driver - browse to the extracted folder

and also Universal Serial Bus Controllers as below

NOTE : After doing this I'd be interested to know if you noticed a brightness increase in your display.

1.3K Posts

August 3rd, 2013 01:00

Hi Jakes99,

Did you reboot the system after updating the drivers prior to checking the Device Manager? For the update to register, the system has to be re-booted. The driver may not have installed correctly and hence is not reflecting the correct version. You may need to uninstall the previous versions and then re-install the drivers again from the Dell Support Website link below.

Also, please click on the links below for steps to update the BIOS on your system.

Plug your computer to a good, working UPS before you update the BIOS. If you experience a loss of AC power or a significant voltage sag/spike during the BIOS flash, you will either have to replace the BIOS chip or motherboard. Disconnect all external devices and confirm there is no cd/dvd in the optical drive prior to updating the BIOS.

Drivers and BIOS for Inspiron 15R SE 7520 : http://dell.to/17pX1Bp

How Do I Download and Install the Latest BIOS Version for my Dell Computer?: http://dell.to/11Of94U

How to Use the Drivers and Downloads Website: http://dell.to/YyKehR

Let us know if further help is needed.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

12 Posts

August 3rd, 2013 15:00

When I checked using Intel driver Update utility there its is showing correct version 9.3.0.1026 But When I "Analyze System for Updates"  On dell driver and support pase there it is listing chipset driver to be installed which I have already installed version 9.3.0.1026

12 Posts

August 4th, 2013 00:00

No I didn't notice any brightness. Screen flashed for 2 seconds when i updated Xenon(R) processor E....................

Do I have to do the same for Firmare Hub device too. I have updated all the marked entries given below.

807 Posts

August 4th, 2013 03:00

I don't have an entry for Firmware Hub but you can try it. All that will happen is it will either update or it won't.

1.3K Posts

August 7th, 2013 05:00

Hi Jakes99,

Thank you for your reply.

If I understand correctly, you have updated the chipset driver and it is reflecting correctly now. It is only when you check for updates available for your system and on the Dell Support Drivers & Downloads page that you find the already updated driver reflecting as an update which is available.

If you have already updated the latest driver, you need not worry about the update reflecting as available on the Support Website. The available drivers will continue to reflect as available updates till another new version is updated.

Please reply if you have further queries.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

807 Posts

August 7th, 2013 09:00

In other words Dell's driver analysis tool is a load of rubbish! It should simply report that one has all the latest drivers installed. Otherwise it will just confuse people into thinking they need to install the driver again. If the tool is incapable of recognizing that the latest drivers are already installed then it needs further development....maybe you could suggest this? And while you're at it...find out if Dell are any closer to fixing the..."We're sorry we were unable to scan your system."  message.

No Events found!