Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

August 6th, 2009 14:00

Concern about XPS M1710 laptop and heat problems.

Recently I had my GeForce Go GTX 7950 video card and the 2 memory modules replaced.  Everything seems to be working fine.  However, my XPS M1710 laptop seems to generate a lot more heat than it used to.  This concern led to me to install an application called CPUID Hardware Monitor which measures the temperatures of various hardware components.  Recently after playing an online game, I decided to check the temperature.  Both cores of the Intel Core Duo were 67 degrees centigrade.  The video card was 71 degrees centigrade.  The hardware monitor (ACPI) temperature was 70 degrees centigrade.Can anyone tell if these seem high.  I realize with the confined spaces involved with laptops a lot of heat can be generated.  I just didn't seem to notice it as much before.

Also, are there any XPS M1710 users who use cooling pads with their laptops.  I would welcome any cooling pad recommendations.  Dell sells the Vantec LapCool 4 LPC-420 Foldable Notebook Cooler and this was recommended to me by Dell technical support.  I did some research about this product and the review have been mixed.  I think a cooling pad would be helpful but I am not sure about this product.  I appreciate any help.

No Responses!
No Events found!