Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 15th, 2017 05:00

Custom Nvidia drivers instal

Hello.
I like pregmatik software. In folder "Programm files" i found folder "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Installer2" with size more 600Mb. It's very big install repositery. How i can reduse it?
I'm not need setting effects in Control panel, no need 3D.
May be exist light version of drivers?

Alex

Alex (NVIDIA)

3 мая, 15:47 EEST

Hello,

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care. My name is Alex and I will assist you today with your request.

I am sorry to hear about this inconvenience and please note that you can select which components of the driver package to install, if you don't want to install the 3D Vision driver, you can just unselect the box when the driver is installing.

I will send you a step by step procedure to do this but you will need to tell us which graphic card do you and what operating system are you using and if the version is 32 or 64 bits.

Please note also that we can offer support on the following languages: Russian, German, French, Spanish, Italian and Polish. So, if one of this is your native language, you can reply on it and one of our agents will assist you.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Kind Regards
Alex
NVIDIA Customer Care

King regards

My reply:
Also.
1. Windows 7-64bit.
2. Dell e6520 (HD3000+NSV4200M)
3. "optimus" is activated in BIOS.
4. Driver version:9.18.13.2762
5. Is it i must uninstall and install drivers to change it functions?
 I don't see menu for change after i run "uninstall\change" in windows installed SW tool.
King regards.

And now my question to Dell support:
Can i modify SW ability without gull uninstall? 
How  many size of Hdd memory i can clean with this change?

3 Posts

May 15th, 2017 05:00

Sorry,  gull=full.

Community Manager

• 

2.4K Posts

May 15th, 2017 09:00

It looks like as per Nvidia's instructions (and from my experience), you will need to uninstall the driver/software, and then when reinstalling the new driver you will want to select Advanced Install (and then select clean install and only select the options you want installed for the card). Unfortunately this is a bit out of our normal support scope, but I wanted to provide you with confirmation to what Nvidia told you on this.

I hope this helps,

Brad 

3 Posts

May 15th, 2017 22:00

Thanks!

The Nvidia support says the same:

"Alex

Alex (NVIDIA)

4 мая, 11:53 EEST

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

Please follow the procedure below to install the driver from the notebook manufacturer's website:

1. Download Display Driver Uninstaller from the following link: www.guru3d.com/.../display-driver-uninstaller-download,20.html

2. After extracting the archive, when opening the DDU, you are asked to choose a launch option. The customer must choose the second one, “Safe mode (Recommended)”

3. Once downloaded, run the tool and delete all files of NVIDIA

4. Click Clean and Restart

5. Select all NVIDIA files from the left side.

After restarting the system, you can download and install the driver from the link below:

www.dell.com/.../advanced

Please note also that we can offer support on the following languages: Russian, German, French, Spanish, Italian and Polish. So, if one of this is your native language, you can reply on it and one of our agents will assist you.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Kind Regards

Alex

NVIDIA Customer Care

"

But dont answer how match it crop the size.

Is it so probable to tech. support man  give answer from  theys development workers! Bad support i think.

And interest situation about who must give service. Intel's and Nvidia support sayd that it must do Dell. But they also have links to download the drivers for hardware.

And new idea. What about drivers from Windows 7 Embedded? I it work in classiacal W7 ?  

8 Posts

May 22nd, 2017 13:00

Use Par3 and archive it online on google drive.

No Events found!