Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 24th, 2010 19:00

D Drive?

I have just received my Inspiron 1564. Specs Windows 7, i3 processor, 4g memory, 320 G HDD. I do not understand the disk partitioning.

100 Mb Win 7 partition

10 Gb Restore partition

58.5 Gb C: (os)

229 Gb D: Local disk

D drive is empty with the exception of the Dell Service and so forth agreements. Why and how do you use it or is it seemless. When I save items to Documents, Pics, Music are they put there or C. I understand linking a little but why can I not find anything about this configuration and how it operates. There is only 36 Gb free on C drive. This could be filled up quickly while I have 229 Gb free on D. Whats up? Explain please.

Thanks

Mark McDermott

3 Posts

January 17th, 2012 10:00

I have the same problem with my C: (os) being only 58.5 gb and my D: Local Disk being 229 gb.  I don't want to try to refromat the PC but I need the 200 gb of unused space.  I tried clicking on the link in the post but it says: "The chosen document is not currently available. Please try again later."  Please help me get the space I need.

Thanks,

Travis

3 Posts

January 17th, 2012 10:00

I have the same problem with my C: (os) being only 58.5 gb and my D: Local Disk being 229 gb.  I don't want to try to refromat the PC but I need the 200 gb of unused space.  I tried clicking on the link in the post but it says: "The chosen document is not currently available. Please try again later."  Please help me get the space I need.

Thanks, Travis

October 26th, 2012 21:00

Was there ever a fix posted for this. I need a solution plaease my C Drive is full. I have searched everywhere and cannot find an answer.

Thanks

Sam from Oz

No Events found!