Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

K

2 Posts

September 2nd, 2008 15:00

D620: Unable to use an external video screen attached to the laptop

Latitude d620 Windows XP sp2   When I toggle the F8 key nothing happens, no external monitor is attached. The grey little info-box depicting a laptop and ad external video screen has got a title: "Presentation Mode is: OFF"   Computer history:
  1. Windows reinstalled by service desk
  2. laptop connected to an external LCD screen'. Switched over by F8. Successfully
  3. Windows intellitype pro 5.2 and intellipont installed (wireless keyborad and mouse)
  4. certain problems with characters from keyboard observed
  5. intellitype pro 5.2 and intellipont DE-installed
  6. impossible to use the F8 to toggle between laptop-screen and external screen
  7. impossible to step back to point 2 with system recovery

So I am stucked, any suggestions to resolve this issue?

4 Posts

September 5th, 2008 11:00

What do you have as graphic adapter? Intel or Nvidia? And which driver version?

2 Posts

September 5th, 2008 17:00

Thanks for reminding me; It is a Nvidia Quadro NVS 110M adapter, I've downloaded and installed the latest driver from dell support: 6.14.11.7431

4 Posts

September 5th, 2008 17:00

Well, try this: get the previous drivers from Dell site (the ones from 11/2007) and install the package;

We have the same nvidia chip on a lot of D620 and it's clear that the latest drivers didn't allow us to work with a beamer while the previous are working perfectly (I just had the problem today);

Get them here: http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?c=be&l=fr&s=gen&SystemID=LATITUDE%20D620&servicetag=&os=WW1&osl=du&deviceid=5260&libid=6&catid=-1&impid=-1&typecnt=0&vercnt=6&releaseid=R173741

No Events found!