Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 20th, 2015 02:00

DELL E5410 (laptop) No Bootable device found!

Some time ago i have bought a DELL E5410 laptop(Win 7 32 bit installed) with 2 GB RAM and 250 GB Hard disk installed and i decided a few days ago to upgrade it into 8 GB RAM and 1 TB hard disk. I installed them properly and i can see them through the BIOS F12 (BIOS setup command). I run some diagnose tests and i pass them successfully.

Afterwards i tried to install Windows 8.1 64 bit through my DVD - RW drive and unfortunately i got an error message saying that no bootable device found. (Media Failed). I have set the Boot sequence for my DVD -RW first in the list but i can not see any progress at all. My DVD - RW is recognized as modular bay device in my BIOS and my BIOS type is legacy not the other option UEFI. Is there any option in the BIOS so i can install my fresh copy of windows 8.1 64 bit to my new hard disk?

I hope that i will not have same problem with my hard disk ... after installing windows 8.1?

thanks

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

July 20th, 2015 20:00

Hi asimkon,

It seems like there is an issue with hard drive partition table. Please backup all data from the hard drive and then try the following steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below and then try reinstalling the operating system.

Boot into your Windows 8.1 install DVD

Select repair your computer, it will fail and then select the command prompt after a few windows.

Type into command prompt (NO QUOTES)

"diskpart" (enter)
"list disk" (enter)

find your HDD (in my case disk 0)

"select disk 0" (enter)
"clean" (enter)
"exit" (enter)

Note: Please backup all data from the system to perform the above steps.

Please let me know if this helps.

2 Posts

July 21st, 2015 06:00

The problem is not with the hard disk. My hard disk is empty and of course new(1 TB). On this hard disk i can not install my fresh copy of windows 8.1 because i can not boot from my DVD drive due to some setting in my BIOS (which i do not know).

I send you a link with my BIOS photos (totally 12) and see what is wrong with my DVD drive and i can not install Windows 8.1 (i bought a new hard disk and memory as you see in the BIOS). My service tag is <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy> in order to help you much more. What i have to do to install a fresh copy of windows in this laptop.

Follow this link for more information please!

Kind Regards

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 21st, 2015 08:00

In order to boot from the DVD, two things must be set:

Secure boot must be OFF

The system must be set to boot in BIOS (Legacy) mode -- NOT UEFI mode.

F2 at powerup to get in and make these changes.

No Events found!