Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2013 20:00

DELL INSPIRON-N5050 -- Not booting

I've got DELL Inspiron N5050 in Nov-2012, It worked fine till now and suddenly yesterday OS crashed (Not sure of the reason - No falls, No Power spikes) 

Since then the OS is not rebooting... 

Tried below options

1) All Normal & Safe mode attempts , Launch Start up Repair --> 

• Windows is loading files, Status bar for good 3-4 minutes
  • Followed by Microsoft Corporation progress bar
  • Then Blue screen --> On which the Mouse movements work --- But nothing else it just stays there for Looong time

2) The identifying & fixing of problems ran over 30 hours --- Eventually I had to stop it as I don't think it would work any way

3) when I ran the diagnostics on Hard disk I get the below error

Error Code - 2000-0142

Validation - 34817

Hard Drive 0 - S/N S2WLLJGJ, Self test unsuccessful. status = 7

Not sure what else I can do ... Ideally I would like the issues to be resolved, Worst case I need to take some data from the Hard Disk ... 

Any suggestion on how I can achieve this?  

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

July 30th, 2013 21:00

Hi gopalleela,

These issues are happening due to the hard drive failure. The error code 2000-0142 indicates that the hard drive has failed. Depending on the warranty status we can help you further, please use the link below to check the warranty status.

http://dell.to/YeuzUO

Please punch in the system service tag or express service code. In case your system warranty has expired please contact the Out of Warranty department 1-800-288-4410 (U.S.Customer only). In case your system is under warranty please send me the system service tag or express service code through a private chat, so that I can help you further. 

Click on my username select start conversation and send me the details. 

7 Posts

July 31st, 2013 12:00

Here are details --

Service Tag - <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy> , Express Service Code - <ADMIN NOTE: Express service code removed per privacy policy>

I see that the limited warranty is available upto Nov 2013, Please let me know if you need any further information.

Like I mentioned - I am looking to secure some data from the hard drive.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

August 1st, 2013 04:00

Hi gopalleela,

Thanks for the information; the hard drive in this system is a ‘Field replacement unit’ hence you may have to take the entire system to the local technician to back up the data. Once the data is backed up I can help you in setting up a service.

7 Posts

August 1st, 2013 16:00

HI... I am in Bangalore - India - Can you be able to tell me the DELL support center...

You mean by local technician -- Is it any common technician or DELL personal?

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

August 1st, 2013 20:00

Hi gopalleela,

You can contact the Dell India technical support on 080-2510-7901, Toll free number is 1800-425-0088. They will able to give more information regarding this issue. The local technician is a common person (Non Dell person)

7 Posts

October 2nd, 2013 11:00

HI .... I have backed up the Laptop... Please help me in setting up the service as mentioned earlier.

Thanks for the assistance

Leela

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

October 3rd, 2013 02:00

Hi gopalleela,

Thanks for the information, please provide your first and last name, phone number, complete shipping address and email address.

Also let me know owner’s first and last name through a private chat, once I get all this information. I will assist you further.

Click on my username select start a private message and send me the details.

7 Posts

October 4th, 2013 04:00

Hi I have sent the private message - Can you please let me know the next actions that would carried out... So that I would have some approximation in getting this resolved. I am likely to travel again hence need to understand the situation.

Thanks for your assistance.

No Events found!