Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 29th, 2016 10:00

DEll laptop E1505 running XP sp3

using the above subject info i had to wipe hd clean. used dell discs for reinstall. disc with drivers did not load wired or wireless drivers so i have no internet connection to update anything from dell site. if i use another computer i can copy and save some driver however some of the important ones tell you they will download and install which i cannot do because i am on another compute. it also tells me to download in a certain order which is the problem. how can i get all the needed drivers and updates so i can copy to dell . ive reinstalled from the dell disc 2 times with same ng resulte. the discs also only contain sp2 so the connection is critical to update everything. any help would be great. i am not an expert so be easy with me.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 30th, 2016 11:00

it also tells me to download in a certain order which is the problem. how can i get all the needed drivers and updates so i can copy to dell .

:emotion-2:

Please click on the link below, hopefully it helps.

How to reinstall drivers in the correct order

www.dell.com/.../EN

2 Posts

June 30th, 2016 20:00

i appreciate your quick reply however i am not sure u understood my problem. the dell in question does not have internet connection so i need to go to dell site with another computer to download drivers, however some of the drivers say they will download and install immediately with no option to save to an usb drive which i could then take to the dell to install. how do i get all the needed drivers onto a usb drive.

for some reason the reinstall of xp on the dell did not install necessary works to give me an internet connection either wired or wireless. i need to be able to get all the required drivers with another computer/ usb  stick and then use this to install on dell. i reinstalled xp 3 times with on dell and each time no internet connection 

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 1st, 2016 04:00

There are three drivers you'll need and all can be placed on a flash drive:

The Intel chipset driver

The Dell notebook system software

The driver for whichever wired or wireless adapter you use to make your network connection.

That said, you really should not be using Windows XP online - you're a sitting duck for a malicious attack, as XP security has not been updated in over a year now.  Further, you cannot run the newest browsers on XP any longer.

The system should be easily able to run WIndows 7 -- and may run 8 or 10 -- either is a far better choice than XP.  If budgetary constraints mean you can't upgrade to a newer version of WIndows, consider running linux on the system - at least it can be updated with the latest security features.

No Events found!