Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

July 10th, 2009 20:00

Datasafeonline

I have seen this posted, but no way to resolve the issue...When I try to back up with DataSafeOnline, I get the message that "DataSafeOnline has stopped working".  The only option is to cancel.  My free year has started counting, and I haven't made one backup.  I tried to re-download the program, but got the message that my version that came with my new Inspiron 1318 (1.1.0027) is newer than the one offered online so nothing will download.  Ideas?  Should I uninstall my existing version and download the one offered on line?  Will my registration still be there or will I have to start over again?  Thanks!

4 Operator

• 

9.3K Posts

July 12th, 2009 18:00

As this isn't related to Dell|EMC storage, but probably is software that came with your laptop or desktop, you may want to post in the laptop or desktop section on these boards.

946 Posts

July 13th, 2009 09:00

Moving to the laptop board.

5 Posts

December 17th, 2009 12:00

DataSafe worked until I upgraded to the latest version this December.  Now datasafe runs the gather information portion but crashes as soon as it begins the backup portion with a "datasafeonline has stopped working" message.  Running the install again to repair or iunnstalling and reinstalling have not helped.

Any Idea where I can get the previous version?

I added pictures of each error meessage here if they help anyone tryin got get support

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/19310504/19675989.aspx#19675989

4 Posts

December 17th, 2009 13:00

I have a XPS running Vista that is having an issue backing up files since I updated DataSafe on 12/12/2009. I have been backing up my files using DataSafe for a year with no problem. After the last update I get connected and it starts to prepare my files. When it gets to the Public Folder it stops. I thought it was the file and started to delete things in the folder. The scan will go to the next file in line.

The program closes and I have uninstalled the application and reinstalled without success in correcting the issue. I am trying to correct this issue before I cancel my subscription and find another remote backup company. I would have done this already but it has been working great until the last upgrade.

Can someone help?

1 Message

January 2nd, 2010 07:00

This is happening to me too.  My last successful backup was in November.  I've been using data safe online on my laptop for about 2 years.  All of a sudden last month it stopped working.  It gives the 'DataSafeOnline has stopped working' message with 'cancel' being the only option.  The error occurs just when it connects to dell data safe online.  I don't see how to resolve it.  My laptop is a Dell & runs Vista.

4 Posts

January 4th, 2010 09:00

After numerous hours of researching, reinstalling and trying to get support I have decided to cancel my subscription to Dell’s DataSafe and have signed up for Carbonite. It is a must easier and a faster application. Dell’s support is very disappointing. They were always there to renew my subscription but when I cancelled I did not get an e-mail confirmation or an inquiry to what was the problem. The only thing I got was locked out of my old account. Dell’s DataSafe has nothing but issues, from the looks of it. I am very fortunate that I did not have to restore my files since many people are having issues with this as well. Good Luck

No Events found!