Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 2nd, 2016 23:00

Dell 7559 screen goes black

I purchased dell inspiron 7559 about ha;f  a month ago. I am repeatedly facing a problem of screen going black randomly. the power light is still on showing the laptop is still powered on. The back-lit is working i.e I can change its brightness level. however the caps-lock light is irrsponsive. If there is a video that is being played its audio is also turned off which shows the device has completely stopped working. I am looking forward for a helping response from dell.

2 Posts

December 4th, 2016 01:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing in to the Dell Community Forum. Regret to hear that you are having issues with your new machine and hope I help you with fixing it. I would suggest the following few steps to isolate and identify the cause of the issue.

1. Run Dell in built Diagnostics (You may run it by tapping the F12 key repeatedly at the Dell Logo when starting or restarting the PC and choosing diagnostics from the one time boot menu).

2.Update to the latest BIOS, Chipset and Video drivers from the Dell Support Website by entering the service tag using the link-  

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

3.Check for Windows Updates and install them.

4.Also, please check if it happens at a certain time or event. You may also check the Windows reliability history or still better the Dell Support Assist system history which will give you the details if any driver of file is causing any issue.

Please try the above steps and reply with the details.

Kind Regards,

Rockstar47.

December 14th, 2016 20:00

The problem appears to be resolved. There was a windows update, installation of which was failed. I reinstalled the update, moreover i updated the bios from dell support. The problem is apparently resolved if the problem reoccurs I will again inform.....

2 Posts

December 4th, 2016 01:00

hi

No Events found!