Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 28th, 2013 23:00

Dell Backup and Recovery in Windows 8.1

Since I upgrade my windows 8 to 8.1, the Dell Backup and Recovery software is gone. Then, I tried to install it, but I cannot. Besides, the computer show a error message to me "Factorysetup error 112".

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

December 7th, 2013 10:00

Hi HoAlex,

It seems like an operating system issue. I would suggest you refresh the system and check if it fixes the issue.

1.Plug in the AC adapter.
2.Point to the right hand corner of the screen to bring up the charms bar.
3.Click Settings.
4.Select ‘PC settings, In the PC settings window, select ‘General’.
5.Once “General is selected, on the right side scroll down to click on ‘Restart Now’ under Advanced settings’
6.In the next screen click on ‘Trouble shoot’.
7.Use the Refresh option and then check if it fixes the issue.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 29th, 2013 01:00

Hi HoAlex,

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to install the Dell Backup and Recovery.To resolve this issue, delete the temporary files in the temporary files folder to free disk space. To manually delete temporary files, follow these steps.

1. Start Windows Explorer.
  2. Open the drive:\Windows\Temp folder, where drive is the drive on which Windows is installed.
  3. On the Edit menu, click Select All.
  4. Press SHIFT+DELETE.
  5. Click Yes to confirm the deletion.

You can also use Disk Cleanup to free disk space. 

29 Posts

December 1st, 2013 04:00

Hi Ravi Chandra,

I tried to delete the temporary files by using disk cleanup, I still unable to install the Dell Backup and Recovery, and I have the same error message.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

December 5th, 2013 03:00

Hi HoAlex,

I would advise you to uninstall and reinstall the Dell Backup and Recovery’ on your system. Please use the uninstaller in the link below to uninstall the program.

http://dell.to/15CIYIH

Please let me know if this helps.

29 Posts

December 5th, 2013 06:00

Hi Ravi,

I already installed the software that you told me to install, but I cannot see Dell Backup and Recovery inside the installations.

3 Posts

December 5th, 2013 12:00

I too am having the same problem installing "Dell backup and recovery 1.6.1.1.exe". It keeps asking me to uninstall Windows 8 version. I have already uninstalled it through the Windows program uninstall and deleted all temp files as you suggested on this string. I do not get the same error message but the program keeps say i need to uninstall old program which is already gone.

Any other suggestions?

29 Posts

December 8th, 2013 23:00

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your help. Yesterday I refresh the computer and upgrade it into windows 8.1. Then, the computer requires to reinstall the Dell Backup And Recovery and I just reinstall it. Once again, thanks for your help.

HoAlex

3 Posts

December 9th, 2013 09:00

Ravi - When i choose Change PC Settings I do not have a General Tab. what am I missing??

4 Operator

• 

5.2K Posts

December 9th, 2013 21:00

Go to Update and recovery, the lasat selection in PC Settings.

10 Posts

December 9th, 2013 23:00

You still want to use the Dell's tool?

Why don't you try Win built -in one or third-party one?

3 Posts

December 10th, 2013 12:00

Something I did eventually allowed me to reinstall the Recovery software. Thx for your help

We can close this string

January 13th, 2014 17:00

Hi, Please uninstall the current version of your dell back up software and reinstall it from the below link:   :emotion-21:

http://www.dellbackupandrecovery.com/en-us/Index.html

Hi, Please uninstall the current version of your dell back up software and reinstall it from the below link:   :emotion-21:

http://www.dellbackupandrecovery.com/en-us/Index.html     

Hi Ravi, here customer's issue is with the dell back and recovery not installing in windows 8.1. Doing a Refresh is not a resolution as they will get to windows 8 back and again when they upgrade to windows 8.1 they will get the same error.

Hence I would recommend you to help customer with this link below, customer affected with this error message, need to uninstall the present version completely and then reinstall the new 1.6 version below  for windows 8.1 :emotion-21:

The link to download DBAR 1.6.x.x is: http://www.dellbackupandrecovery.com/en-us/Index.html

KCS ID: 627550

Please reply on successful resolution

Regards,

Samrat

No Events found!