Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

O

June 21st, 2016 14:00

Dell Chromebook 11 Power Issue

I have multiple Dell Chromebook 11s that will not hold charge. The percentage stays at 1% and it will shut off if the charger is removed. I have tried replacing the battery, motherboard, and charging port but nothing works. When I try the battery_test in crosh I receive the message 

[0621/134126:WARNING:power_supply.cc(970)] Ignoring probably-bogus zero battery percentage

I don't know what else to try.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

June 23rd, 2016 16:00

This document may be of some help.  Basically what you will want to do is unplug the battery for 15 seconds and then reconnect and see if that does the trick.  The document goes over instructions on how to get to the battery.  Report back to me if this doesn't help as the batteries may need to be replaced.

TB

1 Message

August 1st, 2016 21:00

I have exactly the same issue and have tried this solution, but it does not work.  

-I'm at 1% battery and when I remove the power cord it will turn off.  The battery will not charge

-Battery_Check 1 reports a 95% efficient battery indicating the battery is fine.  The Chromebook is of course a year and a little of a month old.

-I pulled the battery cord several times and let it sit.  It didn't work

-I tried a separate ac adapter, which did power the computer, but did not charge it.

-I did a hard reset "powerscub", but that didn't work

Any other ideas?  Very disappointing quality

[0621/134126:WARNING:power_supply.cc(970)] Ignoring probably-bogus zero battery percentag
No Events found!