Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 29th, 2016 04:00

Dell INSPIRON 15 7560 interpose data cable for Sata

Hello,  does any one could provide me with the part number or any usefull information regarding interpose data cable used in this laptop,  since it was not included and i would like to upgrade my storage. Any information is appreciated,  so that i would know what i am looking for  

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

January 5th, 2017 08:00

Hi,

To upgrade the Hard drive on your system you can use the same Interpose cable which came with the system.

Also.the part number for the interpose cable is : NH9YV  for Dell Inspiron 7560.

1 Message

January 6th, 2017 08:00

Hi,

I also have a New Inspiron 7000 (7560) and would like to add a second 2.5 inch SATA drive.

Is the interpose cable present for the second drive?

Are the drive brackets present?

Thank you.

4 Posts

January 7th, 2017 17:00

Good evening,

If you bought the setup that did not offer the HDD, just the SATA, it is likely same case as mine: it does not provide the interpose data cable. You have to buy it from Dell and it is not cheap, £33.35 inc shipping.

Well, the goods news are that the brackets are present :)

Hope That helped! Have a nice day ;]

4 Posts

January 8th, 2017 08:00

I had the same thing! I was given a 7560 by my company which only had a 256Gb SSD in it, which was over half full the day I got it. I bought a HDD opened up the machine and was utterly appalled to find there is no connector to plug it into! I find this absolutely incredible; now I have to spend yet more money on a flipping connector. Considering the amount that was paid for this machine I am astounded at this penny-pinching measure from Dell. I had to look in the service manual to see what was missing; And Dell's £33.35 for a part that should be included is outrageous. Just bought the required bit from fleabay for £14.99, less than half Dell's price but I still shouldn't have to be buying it..

Very poor from Dell.

January 8th, 2017 10:00

Hello Ravi.  I can't find the part you mention on the website.  I also have a new Dell 7560 with the 256GB SDD but no HDD.  I have a 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD that I want to install as a second drive, and I need the correct cable to connect to the motherboard.  There is a connector socket just above the HDD caddy (helpfully labelled "HDD" (with a connector around 9mm in width); I presume I need a ribbon cable which connects the SATA drive to the HDD connector port.  Does the same cable also power the 2.5" SATA SDD?  Thanks.  (PS I'm based in the UK)

January 8th, 2017 10:00

PS Chris, what part did you find on ebay?

8 Posts

January 21st, 2017 13:00

Hi, can you tell me the website from where to buy please?

4 Posts

January 23rd, 2017 01:00

I bought mine from eBay, it was actually for a Dell Inspiron 3552 but looked like the part in from the service manual (available from Dell website). It was a fraction shorter than I would have liked, but I taped it down to the battery and it works perfectly. The item number was 182414717834 at £14.99, he had 2 for sale so now there is one left (don't fight!). It's the only one I can currently find on UK ebay site but there are a few on US site but postal charges make those prohibitive cost.

I still say shame on Dell for it not being included. Why have the drive bay housing and screws etc, but not the cable? To include it in the machine would cost them a few pence but for us end users its a right pain to source.

January 23rd, 2017 11:00

Thank you Chris!

8 Posts

January 24th, 2017 10:00

Hi, I have a good news for you.

I did some research work and contacted Dell US office and found the cable for $1.99 but they dont ship overseas. Then I called UK support office on  0800 028 2660. Choose option 2 for sales and then for parts. I asked for the part which was available for £33.37. I told them that this part is available with your US counterpart for $2 and how can you sell to me for this huge price. the agent was very nice, he did some inquires and found that the wrong price was associated to the part. Finally, I got it for £1.54

Please buy from there giving this chat reference. If you cant still find it then come back to me at<ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>. I will help you.

January 28th, 2017 11:00

I now have a cable; thank you for your help Aamir.  Windows won't recognise the second drive; a Crucial MX200 1TB SSD.  I think it shows in the BIOS (there are two SATAs listed) but I can't see it in Device Manager.  Does anyone have any clues?  Thanks in anticipation!

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

January 28th, 2017 12:00

The drive arrives blank - it needs to be partitioned and formatted for Windows to see it.  Control panel, administrative tools, computer management, disc manager.

No Events found!