Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 17th, 2013 04:00

Dell Inspirion M5030 - Seven beeps issue

My laptop started this beeping yesterday afternoon.  So I took it to Bestbuy to see if they can help diagnois the problem.  Well they have told me that it was a motherboard issue and they have to ship it to dell and have them look at it and come back with an estimate.  I didn't go with that plan.

All yesterday and this morning, I have rebuilt my PC not a laptop, and I had the problem with motherboard.  The black screen and once I replaced the battery to PC it workded....but this is whole different beast.  The laptop quite different then the PC.  The battery is now on the back of the laptop not on motherboard.  So that went my theory. 

So, I turned the laptop on to count how many times it beeped.  and let me tell you the beep is pretty loud.  Well it beeped seven times and I know that is a code for some issue.  So I did some research on my gaming console that internet access.  I found this site.  Fits exactly the same issues that I am having. 

I have read all posts and everyone suggestions are very good, but I am curious for those the did the blanket trick.  Is your laptop still working now?  Are you having issues still?  What issues are you having if any? 

Thank you and best of luck to all.

No Responses!
No Events found!