Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 16th, 2013 13:00

Dell Inspirion N5050 Error Code

If anyone could help me, I am about to pull my hair out :emotion-16: . My dell laptop will load the dell screen but then go black. It had windows 7 on it. So I went under  and selected diagnostic test under adipto? In which I am use to seeing a Bios screen labled Bios. The diagnostic ran but and passed everything except my hard drive. It recognizes and list on the Blue screen HDD Fixed and list a number. BUT under my diagnostic ut list the following code. 2000-0151  Vadlidation 62721    Msg : Hard Drive 0- #########, incorrect status =3E. 

PLEASE PLEASE someone help me. Do I need a new hard drive or does this mean I have bad sectors? 

Thank you in advance :(

4 Operator

• 

2.2K Posts

April 16th, 2013 13:00

Hi,

Error Code 2000-0151 indicates issue with the hard drive or the system board.

Hard drive replacement is the first step to isolate the issue.

Please refer to the link mentioned below for information on error codes:

http://dell.to/12IFoz8

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

April 16th, 2013 14:00

It had a specific status after it =3E , what does this mean ?

April 16th, 2013 14:00

Thank you for such a quick response. Can I get some guidance from this information ?

Re-run the test

Check cables and connections

Reflash latest BIOS. Hard Drive

System Board

4 Operator

• 

2.2K Posts

April 16th, 2013 16:00

Hi,

I would suggest you to re-run the test and check if the same error comes up.

If the same error comes up, try booting the system to safe mode. Restart the system and tap F8 key on the Dell Logo.

Select Safe Mode and hit enter. If the system does not boot to safe mode, hard drive needs replacement for system to function properly.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

April 16th, 2013 17:00

The hard drive is toast - you need a new, 2.5" 9.5 or 7 mm SATA notebook drive.

October 7th, 2016 12:00

Sir but in this case can we get data from our Hard Disk drive... ?

Because I cannot afford to loose it in any case..

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

October 7th, 2016 17:00

It may still be possible to recover the data, but it's going to require a professional data recovery outfit.  These aren't cheap -- the prices start at about $600 and can easily escalate to four figures.

www.gillware.com is a well respected recovery service with a good track record and relatively reasonable fees.

No Events found!