Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 5th, 2017 00:00

Dell Inspiron 11 3148 usb port failure

I upgraded my dell inspiron 11 3148 hdd to an ssd. This laptop has 2 usb ports on its left and 1 on the right. So i am assuming the single port on the right is USB 3.0. Point to be noted is that the hdd caddy is right beside the usb 3.0 port. All was fine when the hard drive was being used.

The day i upgraded to the ssd, the usb 3.0 port has stopped reading anything, it shows Code 43 in the device manager. Now I've tried all possible software solutions avaliable on the internet for fixing a code 43 like bios reinstall etc. I've even done a clean reinstallatin of the OS again but to no avail. When i insert any usb device, it just makes the connected sound, but gives the error ' usb not recognised' and a code 43 in device manager with statements: 'Device Descriptor Request Failed', 'Port Reset Failed' .

Now i read that code 43 also happens because of some power issue. So now i am inclined towards thinking that the ssd is taking more power from the motherboard than the hdd. What do you think is it this or something else?

Please give me your advice. Thanks!

• 

17K Posts

August 7th, 2017 07:00

anshay13,

When you install the operating system you will need to install the chipset drivers first followed by the other drivers. The chipset drivers control the function of  the USB ports.

Inspiron 3148 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

Driver Install Order

No Events found!