Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 23rd, 2017 11:00

Dell Inspiron 13 7370 Sound/hardware issue

Did all the suggested trouble shooting uninstall/reisntal drivers/sound devices etc. Eventually after stressfully dealing with Dell customer service I sent it in for repairs. They replaced the left speaker but when I got the laptop back it still had the sound issues. I

Eventually I  had my laptop replaced with a new one and same distorted sound problems are present in this new replacement  laptop which I received today.

I think I might have discovered what the issue is. my suspicion is that it is a problem with the product line.

It seems that in an attempt to make this line of laptops as thin as possible they shoved too much inside so that the keyboard cover is not fitting snuggly or tight enough and is causing vibration on the left side when audio plays.

I also found that when I apply pressure to the left side near where the Dell sticker is it helps with the vibration and it sounds a little better. Which does me no good because I can't keep my hand there forever. Long story short, I think it is a manufacturing/assembly problem in this product line.

What now?

Is anyone else having this issue? I know of at least one other person who has been having the same problem even after receiving  replacement. So that makes 4 laptops with the same problem.

2 Posts

December 28th, 2017 08:00

Update: the person who had received a defective replacement laptop has received yet another defective laptop with the same audio issue.

No Events found!