Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 21st, 2015 12:00

Dell Inspiron 14 5447 5000 Series - Error Code 2000-0142

Hi,

Today we tried to start the laptop and got an message "Preparing Automatic Repair".
After some time got the message "Diagnosing your PC".
After some time, system ask for restart "Automatic Repair".

Above steps, keeps on going.. never succeeded.

after googled it, i started my laptop again and press F12. Then run the Diagnosing Test. All testing has succeeded expect hardware. Got an error message on hardware "Error Code 2000-0142".

Now what can i do ?. Shall i return the laptop to fix the issue or technical person to reach us ?.

Please let me know.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 22nd, 2015 08:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

This is most definitely a Hard Drive Failure .

The Diagnostics error is related to a Hard drive . Kindly Private message the service tag to the system so that we can check if the system is in warranty . If the system is in warranty we can go ahead with the service call , in case the system is out of warranty then there will be a charge for the service .

Thanks

Robin 

September 22nd, 2015 09:00

Service Tag:<ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>| Express Service Code: <ADMIN NOTE: Express service code removed per privacy policy>

validation code : 128479

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 28th, 2015 04:00

Hi,

kindly Private message the Service tag .

Thanks

Robin

September 30th, 2015 15:00

DELL-Terry B worked on the Incident and sent the HDD drive to my home address.

I got the HDD drive from DELL and followed the instructions. Once the HDD setup done, i tried to start my system.

While booting the system i got an message "Check Media" and "Check Media Fail" then "No boot device found" and "Press any key to reboot the machine". It is going on Infinity loop.

I executed Diagnostics test after replaced the HDD and no error message.

Please let me know for next steps to do.

No Events found!