Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 10th, 2013 04:00

Dell Inspiron 15 3521 won't start

it is beeping continuously (not 4 not 7 beeps) with intervals and by luck sometime it boots, no dell icon nothing black screen, Please help this is my first experience with dell.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

December 25th, 2013 05:00

Hi raduradu81,

3 beep code on Dell Inspiron 3521 indicates it’s an issue with systemboard you will have to replace the systemboard.

RollyCm,

I would suggest you to update the BIOS on the system. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the BIOS from BIOS section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

December 25th, 2013 08:00

I am having this same problem.  It is not a series of beeps, but a continuous beep.  Occassionally (maybe 1/30) the laptop will boot, and then runs without issues.  I have been able to run the diagnostic tests, and everything passes.  I have also tried to release the static power, and that makes no difference.  The next time I'm able to boot, I'm going to try to reformat, but any other insight would be greatly appreciated.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

April 13th, 2014 09:00

Hard drive failure usually doesn't produce a beep code.  Try removing the hard drive - if that lets the system power up to a UEFI screen, then the hard drive is the cause.  If not, try a system reset (remove the battery, unplug the system, and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Remove and reinstall both memory modules.  If you still hear beeping at powerup, it's likely you have a mainboard that's faulty.

2 Posts

April 13th, 2014 09:00

Hello,

I have similar problem with my Inspiron 3521 laptop. It beeps/clicks continuously with a constant interval, screen is black. I tried to drain static power and hardware diagnosis but nothing happened. I noticed this issue a few month ago and after a few attempts I was able to power it on, but now it fails to start at all. Also, a few month ago I noticed hard drive error. May it be related to HDD failure?

Thanks in advance.

April 13th, 2014 11:00

The motherboard most likely needs to be replaced.  That is what was wrong with mine.  Dell replaced mine under the warranty.

2 Posts

April 15th, 2014 06:00

I tried to remove hard drive, but it's the same - beeping and screen is black. I also tried to release static power, remove/install memory and no luck. Looks like it's really motherboard issue.

Can someone advise how to send laptop to Dell support?

Thank you.

3 Posts

May 21st, 2014 11:00

hi,

i have inspiron15 3521,when it turns on it gives me 7 beeps continuously  and i have a black screen .

i tried to turn it on again and again it works and it went into Windows ,but suddenly it shuts off itself .

is it because the CPU heats up , so it shuts down the system ? 

i have tried the self diagnostic by pressing FN+power ,it went all ok just when it tests the memory ,at the end it gaves me a screen with all color bars and shut's off the laptop.

please help me.

Thank you

1 Message

June 2nd, 2014 06:00

my dell inspiron 15 3521 has just being giving a message saying setting up personalized settings for Web Platform Customizations ever since I upgraded to windows 8.1 and it doesn't start up please I need help with it because I work with it and now I'm paralysed to work

June 15th, 2014 13:00

Hey, My Inspiron 15 beeps 4 times, in three intervals, then just shuts off. Sometimes i will see the Dell start up screen but not for very long. Any suggestions

1 Message

June 22nd, 2014 10:00

So I did what you said and my laptop is still beeping in sets of 7 what do I  do now.

1 Message

June 27th, 2014 09:00

Hi Senthil S,

I am also facing same problem. Please help.

1 Message

July 22nd, 2014 18:00

my laptop making about seven beeping and it still have a blank screen and I did what you said to do

1 Message

September 18th, 2014 22:00

Hi

I have Dell Inspiron 3521 that has a problem of starting. when i shutdown or restart to laptop it is not starting and sound is generated from loud " tuck tuck tuck...".

plz help me, how can i fix this problem

September 28th, 2014 05:00

Yeah I have a Inspiron 17R 5737 and mind you I got the laptop in May. I use it for school and surfing the net and just Netflix. Last month when I opened my laptop it was a black screen and it was just making one continuous beep that would not stop. After turning it off and on like 5 times it finally came on. I called Tech Support and after the hard diagnostic nothing was found but then she concluded its a "bad mother board". The computer is only 5 months old. 1) I will never buy a Dell ever, I could have bought a Mac for what I paid for this one. Also they want me to send it back so they can replace the motherboard which will take about 2-3 weeks for me to get it back. I am in school so I cant wait that long as I do everything online. My warranty expires in May and I finish class in March so I have to wait that long before I can send it back. 

So if you have the one continuous beep and after trying "Function and Power" a dozen or so times and it finally comes on, word of advice keep it plugged into a surge protector and NEVER CLOSE THE LAPTOP. I MEAN NEVER, otherwise you will spend 40 minutes trying to get it back on until you can get the stupid mother board replaced. 

1 Message

October 1st, 2014 07:00

My Dell is doing the same thing.  It does a series of 7 beeps upon start up. About 1 in every 5 times it shows the Dell screen, then the rest of the time it is just a black screen.  When I press the FN + Power button it doesn't do anything.  It does continue to do 7 beeps upon start up.  What should I try now?  

No Events found!