Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 10th, 2013 04:00

Dell Inspiron 15 3521 won't start

it is beeping continuously (not 4 not 7 beeps) with intervals and by luck sometime it boots, no dell icon nothing black screen, Please help this is my first experience with dell.

7 Posts

February 17th, 2015 21:00

That sounds like the problem I had. If your laptop is still under warranty, the solution will most likely be to call up Dell Support, send in the laptop and they'll replace the motherboard. That's how they fixed mine. It's been working well ever since. 

I hope that helps. 

February 19th, 2015 10:00

Its motherboard problem.. You don't know about it..

18 Posts

February 19th, 2015 18:00

I had the same problem with my n5030 and I found out my memory module was bad.

March 2nd, 2015 17:00

I havIhe same/similar problem with my Inspiron 17r (5721). It started not booting up but emitting a continuous beep sound on an occasional basis. I contacted Dell service, but could not tell them a specific cause. I ran diagnostics which all came up OK. Finally, after the warranty ran out, it got much worse, and now won't boot at all.

Dell service was unresponsive before, and now says 'sorry, out of warranty'.

I've had at least a dozen Dells. The most recent experiences are like this. There's something wrong with Dell quality control.

I would not recommend  a Dell product at present.

18 Posts

March 2nd, 2015 18:00

I have had dell for yrs and have good luck with them tltis one but I found out my problem.

U just have to be patient and check the memory like I did and see if that works.

But most are throw aways like everything else.

I now have hps too and they have the same problems too.

It may be a mother board problem too if so I would not recommend fixing it unless u really like it.

Good luck.

1 Message

March 16th, 2015 22:00

Hello, I'm receiving a Beep code from my Dell Inspiron 15 3521. I have released the static Power, tried to run hardware diagnostic, and attempted to decipher the beep codes. I get 3 series of 4 beeps, the first of each series being loud and the following 3 being softer. When first pressing the power key, the power and hard drive light illuminate but the hard drive light goes out almost instantly. After the 3rd series of 4 beeps concludes, the power light turns off as well and i then again have a dead machine. This laptop is crucial to my business and I need it up and running to run my day to day business. A speedy response would be greatly appreciated. 

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

March 17th, 2015 04:00

Unplug the system, remove the battery and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Remove the base cover and take out both memory modules.  Reinstall the modules and try again.  If that doesn't solve it, try one module at a time in each socket until you isolate the bad module (replace it) or the bad socket (in which case it's the mainboard that will need replacement).

8 Posts

March 17th, 2015 11:00

are seeing caps lock button light blinking ????If so

It is usually due to bios chip failure . try to check it by keep pressing Fn button that is located with windows key  and press the the poweron button  do not release the fn button until you see uefi boot .if it indicates so , find bios reset keys from dell website if still not booting you have replace ur bios chip

1 Message

April 24th, 2015 13:00

did everything still nothing happened

No Events found!